Topic Sponsor
Suggestions, Comments & Questions about the Forum Give us your feedback and tell us what you'd like to see or report a functionality problem.

New section time?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 10:34 PM
08 February TOTM

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Default New section time?

How about adding a section for tuners now. Looks like there are a handful of topics just today. I know we have quit a few topics on them and they are spread out all over the forum. When searching, this will help members find the answers to the same typical questions easier.
Old 05-16-2008, 10:49 PM
Ty

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by whitecrystal1
How about adding a section for tuners now. Looks like there are a handful of topics just today. I know we have quit a few topics on them and they are spread out all over the forum. When searching, this will help members find the answers to the same typical questions easier.
And a sticky within the section with some basic info, links to the tuners, and info/links on companies like Troyer.
Old 05-20-2008, 06:16 PM
Paint it black

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

yea but honestly how bout that how to section...
Old 05-20-2008, 11:42 PM
mmmm.....

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dude. there are so many good ideas and with this forum growing like rabbits, i think there should be more sections. this is a small site with a big community, time for some new sections...
Old 05-21-2008, 12:49 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tonkatruck66
dude. there are so many good ideas and with this forum growing like rabbits, i think there should be more sections. this is a small site with a big community, time for some new sections...
There is actually a strategy here . Starting with a few great topics and getting them really active and then slowly adding topics works far better than going to a site with 100 topics ... 70% of them of which are dead.

That being said it might be time for some more topics.

So, I've subscribed to this thread. Let's hear all your ideas on what topics to add and we will pick the best and most popular ideas and add them.

Thanks
Old 05-21-2008, 05:01 AM
Paint it black

nathan, we have been asking for a how-to for atleast 6 months, and honestly, i love to help but its kinda aggravating when you get 10 pm's a week on the same topic from new guys wondering the same thing on how to do this or that where they could save time and just find it in a centralized location. dont get me wrong, i love helping other guys out with their trucks but if it will save them time and me the time of explaining many times then why not.
Old 05-21-2008, 05:10 AM
Paint it black

heres a better idea, how about a how-to sub section, one for 04+, one for the older trucks, because most things apply to year specific topics
Old 05-21-2008, 10:50 AM

First, you can change your settings if you like to only receive PMs from your friends. This is another good use of the friends feature if your getting bothered a lot.

We will add some sort of how to section or knowledge base... we just want to make sure we do it right. We might move slow but we just try to do things the right way and at the right time.

I'm thinking of one how to forum that covers all years. That way we can have it on the homepage and people can find it easier. If it's a sub-forum people will miss it and post it in the general topic.
So, the HOW TO section will be for people to ask questions and get basic help correct? How about a section for how to articles or perhaps a knowledge base where people could submit articles. Thoughts?
Old 05-21-2008, 11:53 AM
mmmm.....

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sub forums FTL.

i think its time for a pics and vids section as well.

and possibly an offroad section & a street truck section along with the tuner thread.

just some ideas..
Old 05-22-2008, 12:05 AM

So real quick... when people were suggesting a how to section I was thinking of a place where users could submit little how to guides but it sounds like your wanting a place for people to ask how to questions.... is that right?
I guess I just thought that would take place in each topic.

Quick Reply: New section time?