Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What dealership do you recommend to buy a new F150?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2016, 02:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What dealership do you recommend to buy a new F150?

I am looking to buy a new F150 and wanting feedback or recommendations on what dealership/salesperson you recommend? I dont mind traveling across states to get a better deal. Thanks
Old 05-29-2016, 02:35 PM

Received 336 Likes on 261 Posts

What states are you willing to go to?
Old 05-29-2016, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by jeffinthebag
What states are you willing to go to?
I live in Texas and bought my last one in Washington state, so I'll go to any state for the right deal

Last edited by DammitBoy; 05-29-2016 at 02:50 PM.
Old 05-29-2016, 03:55 PM
Village Sociopath

Received 10,073 Likes on 6,507 Posts

Originally Posted by DammitBoy
I live in Texas and bought my last one in Washington state, so I'll go to any state for the right deal
Well, if you want to come all the way up to northern lower Michigan, I'd send you to Dean Arbour in Alpena. Can you get them on the "A" or "Z"plan?
Old 05-29-2016, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by johnday
Well, if you want to come all the way up to northern lower Michigan, I'd send you to Dean Arbour in Alpena. Can you get them on the "A" or "Z"plan?
A or Z? All I'm eligible for is X plan
Old 05-29-2016, 06:00 PM
Village Sociopath

Received 10,073 Likes on 6,507 Posts

Originally Posted by DammitBoy
A or Z? All I'm eligible for is X plan
Not totally sure, but wouldn't the only difference between one part of North America, and another be the transportation charges then? Both my brothers retired from Ford, and I believe it's the Z plan I get them for now, was the A plan when they were active employees.
Old 05-30-2016, 10:20 AM
PhiPhi K A

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I bought mine from a dealer in Tarpon Springs, Florida called Flammer Ford. It was my first time buying from them and it was by far the best deal and treatment I have ever experienced. And I have bought many vehicles over the years. Most of the time, I was dealing with the sales manager, not a salesman and he actually showed me the dealertracks which showed me all the details on the deal, inclusing his cost on the new truck and the trade worth. All in, the dealer actually took an $800 loss just to get my business. Of course he made it back when he sold my trade two days later for $2k more that he gave me, but he did give me $9k for it which was $2k more that book value and $3k over the wholesale auction value, which is what dealers actually use for trade values. Probably too far for you, but I cannot say enough good things about this dealer.
Old 05-30-2016, 10:46 AM

Received 531 Likes on 407 Posts

I'd have to get a MUCH BETTER deal than a/z/d/x plan to travel out of state to purchase a new ford.
Even the dealer here who charges ZERO doc fees, sticks on an extra $100 for using X plan "JUST BECAUSE HE CAN/THE PLAN ALLOWS".
Old 05-31-2016, 09:57 AM

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

Spike Dykes Ford in Lamesa, TX. I know thats a long ways from Waco, but it was the easiest/best dealership experience I've ever had. I did the whole deal over email and phone and didn't ever go in person until I went to pick up the truck. Talk about no-nonsense guys. Every single thing they told me matched up exactly with my research. I got X-Plan and all rebates, plus a great offer on my trade. They went to Oklahoma to get the exact truck I wanted.
Old 05-31-2016, 10:14 AM

Received 5,989 Likes on 3,553 Posts

This is nonsensical, unless you plan on buying outside of X-Plan. X-Plan is the same everywhere. Buying a vehicle out of state will still limit you to the rebates of the state in which the vehicle is going to be registered. So, the only advantage to going outside your local area would be if you're not going to use your X-Plan.

And to the comment re: transportation charges - No, they don't vary based on location.

Quick Reply: What dealership do you recommend to buy a new F150?