General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spyder Headlights and Footwell LEDs 2013 XLT

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2016, 12:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Spyder Headlights and Footwell LEDs 2013 XLT

Decided to replace my OEM headlights with U bar spyder headlights (amazon $300). Researched this a bit before and read the poor light quality of these headlights so I also replaced the H7 halogen bulb in the Spyders with OPT 7 LEDs. I think they look BA and give the front an aggressive look.

Another project I did was mounted blue LEDs under my front seats and used a fuse tap into the Tow Braking fuse to have these LEDs come on when I turn on my car. Here's pictures of the results. The pictures don't look as good as the lights do in person.

What do you guys think? Next task on my list is to get KO2 tires for the aggressive tread.
Attached Images       
Old 09-22-2016, 04:54 PM

What bulb size did you use for the LEDs? I've been think about adding these headlights to my truck as well.
Old 09-24-2016, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by AndrewCha
What bulb size did you use for the LEDs? I've been think about adding these headlights to my truck as well.
They come with h7 halogens so I just got Opt 7 H7 LED reolacements. They come with a wire cable that'll connect to you're f150 wire cable. The opt7 comes with everything you need and instructions and is basically plug and play.
Old 09-26-2016, 03:23 PM
I'd rather be sailing.

Received 100 Likes on 70 Posts

Nice!
Scott
Old 01-04-2018, 05:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Opt7 led headlights

Originally Posted by btlindem
They come with h7 halogens so I just got Opt 7 H7 LED reolacements. They come with a wire cable that'll connect to you're f150 wire cable. The opt7 comes with everything you need and instructions and is basically plug and play.
The Opt7 rep said that these h7 bulbs are single beam (low beam only). Did you have low and high beams with these lights or is the Opt7 rep wrong?
Old 01-04-2018, 07:02 PM
Senior Citizen Member

Received 2,707 Likes on 1,548 Posts

I've got the Spyders in my '13 XLT also and love them. I didn't go the LED route, I replaced with Sylvania ZXE's and they are plenty bright.
​​​​​​​I also like your footwell lighting. Nice touch!
Old 01-04-2018, 07:06 PM
Senior Citizen Member

Received 2,707 Likes on 1,548 Posts

Old 01-05-2018, 07:30 PM

Received 56 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by garthc13
The Opt7 rep said that these h7 bulbs are single beam (low beam only). Did you have low and high beams with these lights or is the Opt7 rep wrong?
On this type projectors there is a shield that covers part of the lens. When you go to high beams, it moves out of the way. There is no change in intensity on a H7 bulb between low/high beam.
Old 01-05-2018, 07:39 PM

Received 56 Likes on 42 Posts

I had a similar set of halogen projectors on my 13 Lariat for a while. They really do make the truck look much better. Even with some hi-end halogen bulbs, I found them to be very narrowly focused. Just right down the center of the road and no brighter than OEMs.
I ended up with a good set of LEDs in my OEM housings and they do much, much better. The LEDs I got does not cause ANY grief for oncoming drivers.

When you converted to LED H7s did it change the output pattern any from the halogen or did it just make the light brighter/whiter?
Old 01-11-2018, 06:21 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Decided to replace my OEM headlights with U bar spyder headlights (amazon $300). Researched this a bit before and read the poor light quality of these headlights so I also replaced the H7 halogen bulb in the Spyders with OPT 7 LEDs. I think they look BA and give the front an aggressive look.

Another project I did was mounted blue LEDs under my front seats and used a fuse tap into the Tow Braking fuse to have these LEDs come on when I turn on my car. Here's pictures of the results. The pictures don't look as good as the lights do in person.

What do you guys think? Next task on my list is to get KO2 tires for the aggressive tread.
I have the same headlights. And was wondering if it was hard to replace the H7 bulbs with the opt 7s. I’ve noticed the H7s aren’t bright at all and I also wanted the color to match the drl lights.

Quick Reply: Spyder Headlights and Footwell LEDs 2013 XLT