General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radar on speed limit signs

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 06:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Radar on speed limit signs

Around where i live the police have been putting them radar things under speed limit signs. similar to the ones that the police can tow and leave on the side of roads. now my question is that is there like a camera on them to take pictures of speeding cars?
Old 06-21-2008, 08:14 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i have no idea. walk past one one day and investigate it hahah
Old 06-21-2008, 09:43 PM
mmmm.....

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dont believe so, because when i see those around here i like to see how fast i can get it in a given distance. lol. 73 in a 35 last time. haha
Old 06-21-2008, 09:59 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tonkatruck66
dont believe so, because when i see those around here i like to see how fast i can get it in a given distance. lol. 73 in a 35 last time. haha
hahahhahaahahhaha i like to do that to but last time i saw it too late and only got it up to like 45
Old 06-22-2008, 12:26 AM

Received 107 Likes on 18 Posts

Nah no cameras under those.

I did talk to a cop today for awhile and found some interested things related to speeding. Some I wish I didn't know.
Old 06-22-2008, 12:29 AM
We'd do it

Received 449 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by LovetheTide
Nah no cameras under those.

I did talk to a cop today for awhile and found some interested things related to speeding. Some I wish I didn't know.
Like what?
Old 06-22-2008, 12:51 AM

Received 107 Likes on 18 Posts

Cops in my area hardly ever have a radar gun. My state does in fact use laser radar guns in other counties. Cops can give you a speeding ticket even if they don't know your speed. A friend of mince but a police scanner in his truck and I had thought about doing the same but now they will be switching over to digital or something and people will not be able to listen at all.

Things like that.
Old 06-22-2008, 12:59 AM
We'd do it

Received 449 Likes on 402 Posts

I guess if they don't know your speed they hope that you just pay the ticket. If they don't have the radar as proof you can probably beat it in court. I wonder if those radar scramblers will work on digital. I've been told if you put something metallic on your antenna the wind will whip it around so fast it screws with the radar. I've also seen car bras made of radar absorbing material.
Old 06-22-2008, 01:23 AM
lucky13

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

the radar beating thing i cant help on but around here theyve got a bunch of new charger cars and they have a gps radar that can detect the speed from like a 1/4 mile away
Old 06-22-2008, 01:24 AM
I Voted For Bill and Opus

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Just call me Sean
I guess if they don't know your speed they hope that you just pay the ticket. If they don't have the radar as proof you can probably beat it in court. I wonder if those radar scramblers will work on digital. I've been told if you put something metallic on your antenna the wind will whip it around so fast it screws with the radar. I've also seen car bras made of radar absorbing material.
These stealth "bras" don't work there are so many things to bounce the micro wave beam off of on a vehical there is no point is wasting your money.

There is a passive radar jamming device using a tuned circuit and a diode which is energized by the energy of the incoming radar signal this powers up a tiny micro wave transmitter and returns the modified micro wave beam back to the radar gun preventing it from locking up. Indeed you can build these things to actually control the speed readout on the radar gun. However micro wave devices are a booger to construct they have very, very exacting spec's and are legal in most states. I don't want to give you any ideas

Quick Reply: Radar on speed limit signs