General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Camera Issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2015, 09:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Camera Issues

2013 F-150 Lariat in-dash backup camera. When going from reverse to drive, the camera stays on for several seconds. Didn't use to do that. Would turn off as soon as put in drive. Still under warranty. Dealer states some do and some don't. Aggravating. Anybody else come across this?
Old 10-27-2015, 10:13 AM
I'd rather be sailing.

Received 100 Likes on 70 Posts

This is a configurable item in your menus system.
Well, it is in mine and I have an XLT so my assumptions yours being more loaded would also have the options.

I can set mine to turn off immediately or delay with a few choices of seconds.
Funny, I Like the delay because I hook up to trailers, it helps sometimes! LOL!

Scott
Old 10-27-2015, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by 69Shark
This is a configurable item in your menus system.
Well, it is in mine and I have an XLT so my assumptions yours being more loaded would also have the options.

I can set mine to turn off immediately or delay with a few choices of seconds.
Funny, I Like the delay because I hook up to trailers, it helps sometimes! LOL!

Scott
Thanks Scott. I'll look for it. You happen to know the menu path?
Old 10-27-2015, 11:02 AM
I'd rather be sailing.

Received 100 Likes on 70 Posts

Unfortunately I do not, drove the hotrod today so I can't even go out and look.
I do know it is there though and manuals are inline, you might be able to find it!

Scott
Old 10-27-2015, 12:19 PM

Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts

Gleaned from elsewhere on this forum:

Rear camera delay
If equipped with rearview mirror display and optional instrument cluster: After shifting out of R (Reverse) and into any gear, the image will remain until vehicle speed reaches 5 mph (8 km/h). This will only occur if the rear camera delay feature is ON. The default setting for the rear camera delay is ON. To turn this feature on or off, select the following from the message center in the instrument cluster:
1. Settings
2. Driver Assist
3. Rear View Camera 4. Camera Delay

The camera delay options are ON and OFF. If the vehicle is equipped with a rearview mirror display and the standard instrument cluster, the camera delay will always remain on. There is no option to turn the camera delay off.
If equipped with the touchscreen display: After shifting out of R (Reverse) and into any gear other than P (Park), the image will remain until the vehicle speed reaches five mph (8 km/h). This will only occur if the rear camera delay feature is on, or until any radio button is selected.
The default setting for the rear camera delay is ON. Use the Settings function on the touchscreen display to set the rear camera delay on or off.
Old 10-27-2015, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by chickenwire

Rear camera delay
If equipped with rearview mirror display and optional instrument cluster: After shifting out of R (Reverse) and into any gear, the image will remain until vehicle speed reaches 5 mph (8 km/h). This will only occur if the rear camera delay feature is ON. The default setting for the rear camera delay is ON. To turn this feature on or off, select the following from the message center in the instrument cluster:
1. Settings
2. Driver Assist
3. Rear View Camera 4. Camera Delay

The camera delay options are ON and OFF. If the vehicle is equipped with a rearview mirror display and the standard instrument cluster, the camera delay will always remain on. There is no option to turn the camera delay off.
If equipped with the touchscreen display: After shifting out of R (Reverse) and into any gear other than P (Park), the image will remain until the vehicle speed reaches five mph (8 km/h). This will only occur if the rear camera delay feature is on, or until any radio button is selected.
The default setting for the rear camera delay is ON. Use the Settings function on the touchscreen display to set the rear camera delay on or off.
Well that fixed it. The touchscreen was highlighted for delay being off but I pushed on then back to off and now it works. Thanks again!
Old 10-28-2015, 12:21 AM

Received 2,527 Likes on 1,951 Posts

Lightbulb

Future posting consideration .....

HINT/TIP: You'll find posting in the
Late Model F150s > 2009 - 2014 Ford F150
section more helpful/appropriate than General F150 Discussion posts.

-REFERENCE-
Old 10-28-2015, 04:00 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Originally Posted by chickenwire

If the vehicle is equipped with a rearview mirror display and the standard instrument cluster, the camera delay will always remain on. There is no option to turn the camera delay off.
Erroneous, I have the camera with display in rear view and I can turn mine on/off and the default is delay off. My truck is a 2013 so it may have been quoted from a different year model or it may be stated for an xl with no 4" screen in the cluster or dash, my truck has both of those options.

Quick Reply: Camera Issues