General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A7 Map Update Issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2016, 03:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default A7 Map Update Issue

Updated my 2014 F150 SYNC2-V3.8 with the A7 map update a couple of months ago. Worked fine till a couple of days ago. After driving with the map on the display for a while, looked down and noticed that the display changed back to the default screen. Re-activated the map by touching Navigation on the default screen, map reappeared and disappeared returning back to the default screen.

After re-starting the truck. Same thing happen again. I thought that maybe the heathad something to do with map appearing and disappearing.

Eventually touching the word navigation the only thing would appear would be “loading SD NAV card” returning to "Navigation. Touching Navigation, map would not load. Also the word Navigation would change to “insert NAV SD Card” with a message showing SD Card or Link Services choice.

With the A4 card re-inserted, the map appears to be working fine. I performed a system re-boot and re-inserted the A7 card back in with no help. With the A7 card inserted, the word “Navigation” is replaced with “Insert NAV SD Card”.

Will be calling Ford and NAVTEQ tomorrow.

Wondering if anyone has seen a similar issue with their NAV map display with the A7 map update?

Thanks
Old 06-26-2016, 03:39 PM

Received 2,234 Likes on 1,706 Posts

could it be a counterfeit card?
Old 06-26-2016, 08:40 PM

No, bought from the authorized Ford site

http://ford.navigation.com/
Old 06-26-2016, 08:50 PM

Received 2,234 Likes on 1,706 Posts

Originally Posted by drozlee

have you tried cleaning the contacts on the card?
Old 06-27-2016, 12:21 PM
Ford Customer Service

Received 315 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by drozlee

Hi drozlee,

At this time, you should report this to HERE at 888-628-6277. Considering the A4 works just fine, there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the port itself. However, the only troubleshooting you can try, is a master reset. The instructions are here: http://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-t...0&sync=myTouch

Joy
The following users liked this post:
SURF150 (06-30-2016)
Old 06-27-2016, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by FordIVTteam
Hi drozlee,

At this time, you should report this to HERE at 888-628-6277. Considering the A4 works just fine, there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the port itself. However, the only troubleshooting you can try, is a master reset. The instructions are here: http://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-t...0&sync=myTouch

Joy
Before I report it, wanted to drive it today with the A4 map to check the SD receptacle connectivity. No issues at all. Realized that I have the A5 version. Just inserted. Map displays fine. Will drive it around tomorrow to see how the A5 card responds.

Also I did perform a master reset as directed above before re-inserting the A7 version. Got the same response (not displaying). That is why I wanted to ask the F150 community to see if anyone was seeing any issues with the A7 map.

Difficult to understand why the A7 card stopped working after a couple of months of working. Never removed the card after the initial insertion. Electronics, FM!

Questions for FORDIVTEAM; On the SYS INFO screen, Map database changes from A4 to A5 when changing the map card from A4 to A5.

Why would the NAV version remained the same as 4.665 between the 2 cards?

Does the A7 card provide a different version?

Also the contact that you provided above, who is that directed to?

The truck is still under warranty. Would like to get an understanding before I contact the dealer and spend time.

Appreciate the responses and the assistance from everyone.

Thanks
Old 06-28-2016, 02:31 PM
Ford Customer Service

drozlee,

The number I provided is for the company that produces the maps for the Navigation system. They will be able to answer the questions that you have regarding the versions and updates.

Joy
Old 06-28-2016, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by FordIVTteam
drozlee,

The number I provided is for the company that produces the maps for the Navigation system. They will be able to answer the questions that you have regarding the versions and updates.

Joy

Yes, realized it after seeing the number on the package. Anyway tried the A5 card and it worked great. Tried the A7 card. NAV would not recognize the A7 card. Called the number, which is for My Ford Touch assistance. They redirected my call to the company that makes the map.

They indicated that other folks have reported similar issues with the A7 card.

I need to return the card back to them at their cost and once they receive the card they will provide a replacement.

Thanks
Old 06-29-2016, 09:31 AM
Ford Customer Service

You're welcome, drozlee!

I'm so glad they have a resolution for you!

Joy

Quick Reply: A7 Map Update Issue