Topic Sponsor
Super Duty Forum Talk about Super Duty and Heavy Duty Ford trucks here.

Soon to be New owner of a 2016 F250 PSD

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2016, 11:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Soon to be New owner of a 2016 F250 PSD

Hey everyone,

Noob here! First time owning a diesel truck and lifting the truck. My original plan was to put a 4" lift with 35"x12.5" tires because I use the truck for work. Hauling material but not tools. But not only a regular basis since I'm mostly the general contractor/designer.

But after looking at numerous pics, I'm thinking of going with a 6" lift with 37"x13.5" tires. Both cases will be on a 20x10 wheel with an offset, either Fuel Kranks or BMF Novakanes.

I'm not going off road. Would enjoy doing it but not the wear and tear it puts on the truck. So offroad for me will be jumping the curb. And considering I do plan to make long trips in the vehicle and I do tow a 5 ton dump trailer occasionally, do I need to upgrade the gear ratio from 3.55 to ?

Also, I live in Toronto. Very condense city. I don't drive downtown often. Mostly drive through neighbourhoods, due to my line of work. Will the 37" tire reduce the turning radius? I already drive a f150 supercrew with 6.5' bed. the new truck will have a 8' bed.

Thanks everyone for posting pics of your custom trucks. You made that much harder to make decisions on everything.

Quick Reply: Soon to be New owner of a 2016 F250 PSD