Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Where can I get this connector

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2015, 04:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Where can I get this connector

Short version. Truck running terrible found this connector busted.

No part numbers on it. Anyone know where I can get another and how to identify it?
Attached Thumbnails Where can I get this connector-image.jpg  
Old 05-17-2015, 04:05 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

What year and engine?
Old 05-17-2015, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Rnlcomp
What year and engine?
2004 f150 fx4 super few 5.4 v8

Thanks
Tom
Old 05-17-2015, 04:35 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

It looks like you have a broken wire going to the connector, so you'd need the terminal that goes inside the connector and some wire to solder it in place to the existing harness. I work in an Audi parts dealership. Ours have #'s on them, but you don't see any on your housing. So if you do need the connector housing, telling your parts dept where it goes to is important. See if you can find any part number labels on the harness that connector is on. If that doesn't work, know what that harness plugs into, like idle air control valve or whatever, and also note other things that the harness assembly plugs into. In general, it is hard to find connectors. But to find that terminal inside the connector that I believe you also need, you still have to find the connector. These are the things your parts person will most likely need to know. Also, note if it's a 3 pin, 4 pin, etc, and also what gauge size wire is on the broken one so they can get the right terminal for you that pushes into that plastic connector housing. You might need special tools also, to remove and replace the other terminals from old to new housings.
Old 05-17-2015, 04:47 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Fuel pressure sensor connector, best bet is to see if you can find one in a salvage yard and splice it in, I don't know if Ford sells just the connector, would likely have to buy the whole engine wiring harness.
Old 05-18-2015, 09:02 AM

Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts

Oh, there is a part number on it, but it's probably down inside the connector itself, maybe even under the grommet. It more than likely does NOT have a Ford part number on it because it's designed and produced by the wiring harness maker.

If you want/need to replace the connector itself, there is usually a terminal position lock that is pressed in to keep the terminals in place. If there is one on this connector it will need to be removed before you can take the terminals out. As stated above, a small screwdriver or "tool" can be used to bend the small latch fingers that hold the terminals out of the way, allowing the terminals to push out from the back of the connector.

You might be reduced to "eyeballing" the connector to find it's replacement:

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=ford+fuel+p...nsor+connector
Old 05-18-2015, 02:10 PM

Thanks guys for helping me id the part. I have picked one up and should have it fixed today. I appreciate the help.

Quick Reply: Where can I get this connector