Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Tires

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2014, 11:10 AM

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Tires

Anyone have good advice on bubble balancing as well as finding the heavy spots on unmounted wheels.

Find heavy spot on rim

Find heavy spot on tire

Mark them both and then set the opposite of each other when assembling. Hoping to static balance myself as well as reduce the amount of weight needed for a balance. Also trying to reduce the out of round factor during assemble

Thanks for any info that I can get....
Old 11-09-2014, 07:51 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

2 words, Dyna Beads. I use them in my motorcycle tires as well as my truck, smooth ride for both and they dynamically balance the tires as they wear down.

Just rotate them, the balance is on going.

Also the days of high/low spots on tires/wheels are over, technology took care of that.
Old 11-09-2014, 09:01 PM

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Rnlcomp
2 words, Dyna Beads. I use them in my motorcycle tires as well as my truck, smooth ride for both and they dynamically balance the tires as they wear down. Just rotate them, the balance is on going. Also the days of high/low spots on tires/wheels are over, technology took care of that.
I run old school rims they are not balanced at all I tried running beAds just made it worse
Attached Thumbnails Tires-image-2900572322.jpg  

Quick Reply: Tires