Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Sos need help

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 01:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sos need help

ok folks here we go.. I have a 2003 f150 sc 4.6 auto with overdrive rolling on 22's. Truck has 120k on it and the trany just let go slipping in all greas.so i took it to my local ford dealer just to make sure and yepp i needed a new trany.. So i bought a new trany through ford. Came with a 3 yr 100k mil warrenty. Now i get the truck back and there is a whine the come from the trany and gets louder till each shift(i know its the gear box) i was told its the planitary gear box and thats normal(bs) i have had several replaced and no whine.the second part is the trany hangs up in 4th gear and takes for ever to shift into overdrive.took it back to the deal and they had the truck fro 2 weeks and there super dollar top ford tech told me it was my rims causing it.(bc) i have had them rims on the truck for almost 4yrs and never had an issue with it till now..also when i hit the gas lightly taking a u turn or corner it feels like the coverter disengages then reengages hard. They keep telling me its my rims so i put the fatory ones back on and had the same affect but not as noticeible .so my question is whats do you all think is the problem.. I thnk it a convert or ecu. Help please
Old 06-05-2010, 08:31 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think it is the new transmission.
Is it overhauled one? Or a brand new one?
It could be just need adjustment, or *****'s. It could be shout. If it is warrantied then don't accept it till it is fixed properly.
You can fined a good transmission shop and ask what thy think. this Way win you go back to the dealer you will have a strong argument and now what you are talking about.
All the bet.
Old 06-05-2010, 09:39 AM

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Its not your rims....its the tranny and dont let them bully you otherwise.

Quick Reply: Sos need help