Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Rat Attack

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2015, 03:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rat Attack

Hey everyone! New poster here and I've brought my troubles with me. Left my truck (1995 F150XLT 5.0L, Extended cab, 4x4 Off Road package) at the warehouse where I work while out of town for a few days. When I returned the truck wouldn't start. Opened the hood and found a rat nest on the engine . It ate thru the coil wire, one injector wire pair, EGR/EVR (?) wires and vacuum lines and the connector wires to the coil. I've ordered electrical parts to repair the wiring but I'm puzzled over the vacuum lines.

I don't think the vacuum lines were hooked up correctly before the little fuzzy moved in. At the base of the EGR the dual line connector was turned sideways plugged into the top male hookup. The paired black line and green lines were hooked to it which means the black line was sucking air thru the dual line adapter. The black soft line from the vac reservoir was hooked to the lower male connector from the EGR.

I removed the lines and turned the dual connector vertical so it hooks up to the EGR base correctly. Now the paired lines (black and green) hook up to the EGR correctly. Problem is I don't know where the soft line from the vac reservoir hooks up.

I have a copy of the vac drawing inside the hood. It shows this line hooking to the EGR but I don't see where to hook it up. The engine was rebuilt a few months ago and I've suspected a vacuum leak but couldn't find it. The little fuzzy may have helped me find the problem if I can get help finding where this line goes.

Last edited by Tsavo01; 09-26-2015 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Add engine size

Quick Reply: Rat Attack