Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Little Problem..

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 01:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Little Problem..

I drive a 97 F150 with the 4.6l engine and it has 88,951 miles on her. Here recently I purchased some "bad gas" I think it had water in it or something..It ran fine for about 100 miles and then started to spit and sputter like it wanted to quit but would eventually straighten out..I went the very next day and had the Gas drained from my tank, bought and installed a new fuel filter, and had the oil and oil filter changed while I was at it. The truck ran fine for a couple days after the changes but now any time I start up a hill or embankment its like my truck is so weak it doesn't want to go, I honestly barely made it to the top of a 250 feet paved hill on the main road today, the truck feels very VERY weak and I'm having to hold the gas pedal on the floor just to make it up the hills..The truck has always had regular maintence and has never given me any problems and I'm not ready to get rid of her so PLEASE HELP with any thoughts or suggestions. Thanks guys.
Old 04-26-2009, 07:19 AM
OVERTHINKER

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Try changing the sock/filter that's on the pick up tube of the fuel pump.

Quick Reply: Little Problem..