Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

HELP! Blinkers and speedometer not working

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2015, 04:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! Blinkers and speedometer not working

Hey, I just replaced battery and positive battery cable and ground that run to the starter on my 1998 ford F150. My truck now starts, but I have no left or right blinker, and the speedometer is not working. They were working fine before my truck broke down a few months ago. I've checked all fuzes and relays in both fuze boxes (including the 2 outside the main fuze box under the hood). All are functioning and have power to both sides. The hazards are working and the bulbs themselves are functioning. All other internal/ external lights and instrument cluster items are working. Any other ideas on what to check on my blinkers would be awesome. And I have to be honest, I'm not sure how the speedometer works... In my research I've found some instances where changing the battery has caused an issue with the speedometer and you have to somehow recalibrate it, but I've found nothing on the F150 specifically so I'm not sure if that applies. Not sure how to troubleshoot the issue. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Quick Reply: HELP! Blinkers and speedometer not working