Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Discontinued parts....help

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2015, 02:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Discontinued parts....help

I am at a complete loss..i drive a 2004 F150 Screw over in Qatar (where any vehicle over 4 years is considered old) the extreme heat and weather punishes anything but regularly destroys anything plastic...like all the connectors and a lot of the insulation on my main engine wiring harness. The big problem is that this is now a Ford discontinued part (4L3Z-12A581-JA) so what am i suppose to do??

we dont really have junk yards here and if we do find what we need its usually in worse shape than what we're trying to fix. I've tried contacting a few pick-n-pulls in the states but it doesnt seem like people are willing to pull the harness and ship it.

What else can i do?

**my truck is due an inspection but im getting misfires and other random errors due to the harness which means it just wont pass**
Old 05-22-2015, 02:29 PM
Ford Accessories Manager

Received 189 Likes on 149 Posts

Cut the melted connection off and hard wire it?
Old 05-22-2015, 02:52 PM

Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts

Just because that part number is discontinued doesn't mean there isn't a harness available - it may have been replaced by a newer version perhaps? Try searching for 5.4 liter f150 harness and see if you get other matches.

If it is just one or two connectors, you may be able to find those as separate items. You can then pop the terminals out (with a minor trick to it) and replace them.

https://www.carpartsdiscount.com/cat...html?3594=2029
Old 05-22-2015, 02:52 PM

Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts

Many times common connectors are used on multiple harnesses for multiple applications.
Old 05-22-2015, 03:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tried searching for compatible harnesses but this was only used on the '04-'08 trucks after that they changed the ECU connectors and whatever else. I know its possible to buy pigtails but it would mean doing all 8 coil connectors, all 8 injectors, i know the cam position sensor connectors are shot and im sure a few more are too. I would still need to pull the whole harness and go through and check every wire to make sure the coating was dried and cracked too

Quick Reply: Discontinued parts....help