Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tow package plus 3.55 vs max tow pack

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2016, 08:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Tow package plus 3.55 vs max tow pack

Maybe I am missing something but I see so many trucks with the tow package plus the 3.55 rear end which is a few dollars more that the hd tow package which includes both. Why don't dealers just order the Hd tow package to lower the cost?
Old 02-04-2016, 08:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Brain freeze. You have to order the 3.5 to get the hd tow package

Originally Posted by Kev_m
Maybe I am missing something but I see so many trucks with the tow package plus the 3.55 rear end which is a few dollars more that the hd tow package which includes both. Why don't dealers just order the Hd tow package to lower the cost?
Old 02-04-2016, 10:26 PM

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

You will still see a lot or 3.5s ordered like that.

Bang for the buck is in the Max tow.
Old 02-04-2016, 11:22 PM
Found On Road Dominating

Received 187 Likes on 152 Posts

I've written plenty on this. See posts. One point to make that I haven made on other post. Larger fuel tank is an option on the 2016 and 15s I suspect. Get it 23 vs 36 is a big inconvenience if your even towing a small 4000 lb trailer. Happy reading and educate yourself before you buy ( sound like U R). Good luck.
Old 02-04-2016, 11:42 PM

Received 312 Likes on 227 Posts

I was partially educated when I bought Screw Lariat 3.5. I knew I wanted Max Tow because it included the 3.55 e-locker and the integrated brake controller and of course the hitch setup. So I search online and find a truck that included all of that. Low and behold I found a nice Tuxedo Black FX4 Sport that had it. Perfect, the truck I want and it has Max Tow! Wrong!!! My Dad bought a similar truck and it wasn't until we were comparing window stickers that it clearly stated he had max tow. Mine? A bunch of line item ordered stuff that looks like a Max Tow but isn't, and is just as costly if not more. Sigh...live and learn. (I gotta wonder why a dealer would order it like this though)
Old 02-04-2016, 11:51 PM
Found On Road Dominating

Received 187 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by KYBuckeye
I was partially educated when I bought Screw Lariat 3.5. I knew I wanted Max Tow because it included the 3.55 e-locker and the integrated brake controller and of course the hitch setup. So I search online and find a truck that included all of that. Low and behold I found a nice Tuxedo Black FX4 Sport that had it. Perfect, the truck I want and it has Max Tow! Wrong!!! My Dad bought a similar truck and it wasn't until we were comparing window stickers that it clearly stated he had max tow. Mine? A bunch of line item ordered stuff that looks like a Max Tow but isn't, and is just as costly if not more. Sigh...live and learn. (I gotta wonder why a dealer would order it like this though)
couldn't agree more my friend. I think the HD payload should be off the line and ready to buy by May and not the fleet XL ones that seem to be floating around. All the best
Old 02-04-2016, 11:51 PM

Received 61 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Kev_m
I agree. I think it's because a lot of the people at dealers that do the ordering don't educate themselves.
Old 02-05-2016, 10:07 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by KYBuckeye
This is kinda how mine is. My window sticker says Tow package, and has the trailer brake and a few other things as separate lines. I punched up my VIN in the ETIS and it says I have the Max Tow. I think Ford just might have chosen to break out some of the key items on the window sticker to make it more appealing to shoppers.
Old 02-05-2016, 10:22 PM

Received 312 Likes on 227 Posts

Originally Posted by SnowF150
This is kinda how mine is. My window sticker says Tow package, and has the trailer brake and a few other things as separate lines. I punched up my VIN in the ETIS and it says I have the Max Tow. I think Ford just might have chosen to break out some of the key items on the window sticker to make it more appealing to shoppers.
Interesting. Mind if I ask what ETIS is and how too access it? I'll punch in my VIN too.
Old 02-05-2016, 10:44 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

eits.ford.com?

Quick Reply: Tow package plus 3.55 vs max tow pack