Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions about Ordering new F150

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2016, 02:55 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Questions about Ordering new F150

Hi all,
I've been pondering a vehicle upgrade for awhile, and now that the 2016's have the Sync 3 system I am ready to bite the bullet. My 2008 BMW 335i has a new set of oil leaks and I'm losing my patience with it. I want something bigger too.

Anyways, I am considering placing an order for a 2016 Lariat, Black, Special Edition Package. Overall not too many upgrades, 2x4 with 3.6 ECO Boost and SuperCrew. I get Ford's X-Plan pricing through my company. I have a few questions:

Since I would be custom ordering (I assume not many special editions like this lying around on lots currently), would I be able to get any additional kind of discounts or ways to minimize the new price? Do I have any negotiating room here at all? Will my answer be the same no matter which dealership I go to? I would be trading in my BMW, which according to KBB is somewhere in the ~10k range of trade in value. I assume this could be quite negotiable? I also will have around 10-15k of down payment cash, not sure if this makes any difference or not.

Also, what is the typical wait time for a new order like this? Are the 2016's even being built yet?

I just wanted to get some education from those who might have done this before. This will be my first brand new vehicle order. Any other items of caution/consideration? Thanks
Old 01-03-2016, 03:08 PM

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

Dealership: Check out the list HERE (I think its accurate for Aug 2015??). Do your best to choose a dealer lowest on list; these guys are all about volume thus I believe most aggressive pricing.

Trade: x-Plan is around 10% off MSRP, that is set already. The dealer will not be nice with trade-in; be prepared, in advance, with your realistic expectations. Research NADA, Truecar etc. well before you visit.

Down Payment: Larger down payments might get you a lower interest rate. Work the dealer hard on this and make them shop several banks for you. Again, do your own research in advance to know what the banks are offering. The issue with ordering a vehicle is they will not talk rates until you pickup vehicle. So any plans they offer right now might not be applicable in 2 months when you take delivery.

Build Time: As a guide, assume 8 weeks from order to pickup; hopefully sooner. Build the truck on ford.com and choose all the options you desire. Pay careful attention to "Late Delivery" attached to any option(s). That message means "you will wait".

Good luck.
Old 01-03-2016, 03:24 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Wudwork ! I see Greenway Ford from Orlando is on that list. I am in Central florida so can give them a try. One consideration I Need to make is whether or not I fix the oil leaks on my car and what difference that will make. I'm about to drop money on new rear tires, and on an independent mechanic assessment as well. I suppose if Im keeping my car another 8 weeks I need to keep it in running/good shape and an active oil leak is not a good thing.
Old 01-03-2016, 04:20 PM

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

If you have a CarMax nearby I would take the BMW there and get a number on what they would give you, then compare it to what the Ford dealer will offer. Don't forget to include the tax break into the Ford offer.

Quick Reply: Questions about Ordering new F150