Topic Sponsor
Engine / Drivetrain Talk 6 or 8 Cylinders? Come talk about it.

Time to replace the clutch?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 09:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Time to replace the clutch?

First post here, sure somebody has the answer. I have a 97 F150 2wd long bed with ~140k miles. The clutch / components have never been serviced or replaced. I've noticed over the past few months there seems to be less engagement when I release the pedal. What I mean is, before I'd shift into 1st, release the pedal and I could feel/anticipate when the clutch would start to engage. Now when I let the pedal out, it engages immediately and there is a lot of pedal distance back up to the resting position.

Seems if the physical clutch is wearing, I'd be experiencing the opposite - let the pedal out and it should take longer/more pedal distance upward for engagement as there is less material = greater distance?

There is fluid in the reservoir, and the last time I had a leak in the system in a different vehicle, I lost all clutch function after about 3 pedal cycles.

Again I'm sure there is a simple answer to this. I look forward to the replies, and thank you in advance.
Old 03-10-2014, 02:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wow....

Wow, 100 views and not a peep. I figured it out on my own. If someone else is having the same problem, PM me and I will let you know what I figured out.

Quick Reply: Time to replace the clutch?