Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

Window motor not lifting window

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2017, 08:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window motor not lifting window

Hi.
1995 motor for window is strong and working fine but it is not catching the teeth of the gear to lift the window( I think the call it the regulator). I have pulled the motor out and it's running great. Problem is I can't see **** back there to align the gears. Help please
Old 01-18-2017, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by astevens
Hi.
1995 motor for window is strong and working fine but it is not catching the teeth of the gear to lift the window( I think the call it the regulator). I have pulled the motor out and it's running great. Problem is I can't see **** back there to align the gears. Help please
If it is your regulator here's what you need to do...
. There are 3 plugs inside that are probably disintegrated
Get a pack of Doorman window regulator plugs - part number 74410
You'll need to drill a hole in door if motor has never been out to get to the hidden bolt. But figure out what size the other bolt is before. Then you'll know what drill bit size to use so you can fit the socket inside your hole.

Under the edge of shiny cover on motor there are little tabs that you'll need to bend back. Remove screws and work the cover off. Then clean out remnants of the other plugs. I went ahead and put some lithium grease on the screw gear.

The hard part is getting the 3 plugs in at once. I sort of wedged all three in there at the same time and then push the gear in place. Put some lube on the plugs it should help get them in there and make them last longer.

While it's all taken apart, it wouldn't hurt to lube up see areas that may need it (regulator gear, door lock and handle mechanisms, etc.)

Once all this is done, put it all back together and it should be good to go
Old 01-18-2017, 07:49 AM

Received 5,989 Likes on 3,553 Posts

Often teeth on window belt get broken/stripped, you may want to check that.
Old 01-18-2017, 09:27 AM

From what I can see the teeth are fine. It is impossible to see them interacting though. Took motor out already and it looks perfect. I am able to manually lift and lower window while pushing switch but when I let go and just try to move it with switch it doesn't move the window up or down
Old 01-18-2017, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by astevens
From what I can see the teeth are fine. It is impossible to see them interacting though. Took motor out already and it looks perfect. I am able to manually lift and lower window while pushing switch but when I let go and just try to move it with switch it doesn't move the window up or down
Got to be the regulator plugs. Mine did the same exact crap and I replaced the plugs and it's good to go
Old 01-18-2017, 08:03 PM

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

Lots of videos on Youtube about this problem, Personally i disassembled mine cleaned all the old bits and grease out then used three like sized bolts i had in the junk drawer, cost nothing, packed it with new lithium grease and then greased the rail also and reassembled everything, been a year now and it still works flawlessly, waiting on the drivers side to flake out next, surprised the passenger seems to go first, maybe being more sedentary contributes ?

Part 1 of 3, kinda long winded but you can just jump around to relevant stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ma_Qy6fMo50