Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

no low end torque?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 12:27 AM

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Default no low end torque?

what could be wrong with my truck i got a 93 f150 4.9l just rolled over to 130k. i drive a Toyota to work and back and drive the truck every other weekend and recently i tried doing a 4in lift in the front with coil spring spacers and f250 leafs in the back with 2in lift blocks and when i test drove it it seemed like it didn't have any power, i couldn't get the alignment done so i took all that stuff off and now my truck has no low end power. i don't know if that's stuff had anything to do with it but when i go around corners i cant even sequel my 31's in 1st. i had flex pipe coming out duals out passenger side for exhaust and recently it just broke so i just stuck a straight pipe with a turn down for like a muffler end, exiting before the rear axle and i don't think the exhaust system has anything to do with this either. what could be wrong? scanned for codes none came up and everything under the hood seems OK.
Old 04-03-2010, 03:38 PM

Received 1,162 Likes on 647 Posts

No Cat, no Muffler, just pipes?
Old 04-04-2010, 09:32 AM

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

i have cats. on and no muffler. well on another forum someone had said the 4.9l like the backpressure so i just cut a slit in the pipe and weled a piece of flat stock metal in. and it works for now. i dont want to put the exhaust back to stock cause soon i will be putting headers on and well be getting and exhaust system installed after.

Quick Reply: no low end torque?