Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

Keyless entry install

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 02:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keyless entry install

Sometimes I have decent luck with "good deals" that I get on Ebay, other times, not so much. Well, this time i got a keyless entry system with no instructions from a seller who doesn't seem to be too worried about negative feedback. I have a 95 F-150 with power locks, so all I'm looking to install is the remote lock/unlock. I've installed these things before, but usually with instructions. I have 12 volts constant, and chassis ground. that should just leave the lock/unlock trigger wires. Where do i connect these/ Do I have to install relays? If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.
Old 08-26-2009, 04:57 AM

I spliced in to the wires in the door. It works, but not 100%, the passenger side door doesnt always unlock/lock, works better on hot days, dont know why, i guess the voltage is too low.
Old 08-27-2009, 01:52 AM

yeah, i tried that, but it doesn't send a full 12 volts. I thought maybe it was just supposed to send a signal through a relay or something. Either that or its just a piece of garbage.

Quick Reply: Keyless entry install