Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

Help help help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 02:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help help help!!!

I have a 93 f150 rwd 302 non-electronic overdrive. I had it running one day while I was finishing closing my shop up, and it all of a sudden shut off. I tried to start it, but was unsuccessful. I then tried spraying carb cleaner in the intake, and it started, then died right away. This told me that my truck was getting spark, but no fuel. I then went to the fuel rail, tested the purge, and fuel came out. I turned the key off, then back on, and listened for the fuel pump to cut on, which neither tank did. I then checked the inertia switch, which was in the correct position. I then bypassed the inertia switch, and still no response. I put a voltmeter on the fuel pump wiring, only to find it was only getting 5.7 volts. I then went and tested the relay, and fuses, to find them all in working order. I then did a diagnostic test I saw on this forum to check the computer. this test failed. I replaced the computer, only to find that with the brand new computer, nothing has changed. I don't know what it could be. im half tempted to take my aftermarket parts off, set it in the field, and buy a bronco, or 250 around the same year, but id much rather have my beautiful truck I love so much back. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!
Old 05-28-2013, 03:10 PM
We'd do it

Received 449 Likes on 402 Posts

Try bypassing the tank selector switch. It gets cruddy and the pumps don't get full voltage. It can be cleaned too.
The following users liked this post:
shackledkings (05-28-2013)
Old 05-28-2013, 04:09 PM

Received 112 Likes on 109 Posts

What do you mean the self test failed? Did you get any codes? You should get at least an OK code.
Old 05-28-2013, 07:16 PM

I checked the selector switch, and it was fine. I don't know what the problem could be, because it was running just fine before it died, and went to this no start condition.

My check engine light does not flash at all. This is why I replaced the ECM. Still no change.
Old 05-28-2013, 07:50 PM
We'd do it

Received 449 Likes on 402 Posts

Bad wiring, bad fuse. Check power at the computer.
Old 05-28-2013, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Just call me Sean
Bad wiring, bad fuse. Check power at the computer.
The power at the computer is fine, but I'll check the wiring all the way down. Any other ideas, shoot them along. I'm gonna be on this truck all day tomorrow, till I either get it running, or start taking parts off to go onto another vehicle.
Old 05-28-2013, 08:28 PM
Oooo a Custom Title.

Received 108 Likes on 73 Posts

Go to the fuel pump relay and check the voltage there. There are 2 legs that will give you 12 volts

If its not 12 volts check the wires to the PCM and ground to PCM. If you are getting 12 volts check the tank selector switch.
Old 05-28-2013, 08:47 PM

will check that tomorrow. Can anybody think of any problems i might have if i just run 1 tank straight off the ignition? If not, this may be a temporary fix for me to get it going so i can do other fixes i need to do, till i can run down the problem with the current fuel system wiring.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:06 PM
Oooo a Custom Title.

Received 108 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by shackledkings
will check that tomorrow. Can anybody think of any problems i might have if i just run 1 tank straight off the ignition? If not, this may be a temporary fix for me to get it going so i can do other fixes i need to do, till i can run down the problem with the current fuel system wiring.
You shouldn't run into issues. Just make sure its shuts off when you turn off the truck.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:56 PM

Received 112 Likes on 109 Posts

Check your cel bulb. It should light when you then the key to the on position.