Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

bronco diesel swap

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 04:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bronco diesel swap

ok, lately i've been thinking about a crazy engine swap. i have a 94 fullsize bronco that needs an engine job before to long. i've been thinking about picking up a 94-98 f250/350 diesel thats been written off and swapping the 7.3 into my bronco. how much work would i be looking at for this? i should be able to be able to find a written off one around here for 3-4K(cnd) so price won't be to bad, and i would generally have everything i need
Old 09-28-2007, 05:35 PM
NGM
Resident A-hole

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by sledneck
ok, lately i've been thinking about a crazy engine swap. i have a 94 fullsize bronco that needs an engine job before to long. i've been thinking about picking up a 94-98 f250/350 diesel thats been written off and swapping the 7.3 into my bronco. how much work would i be looking at for this? i should be able to be able to find a written off one around here for 3-4K(cnd) so price won't be to bad, and i would generally have everything i need
Truthfully it shouldn't be that hard. We put a 7.3 in a 79 F150. The problem we had was the front chunk was too close to the oil filter and going over a good bump would crush the oil filter. We ended up lifting the truck 6 inches to get it to stop doing it. Have to get the wiring harness from the 7.3 to get the relays and stuff for the glow plug system. Don't forget you need a vacuum pump for the brakes, dash stuff and so forth. The 7.3 is heavier so stiff springs are a MUST. Oh yea don't forget to get a tranny to bolt up to the 7.3 too.
Old 09-29-2007, 08:59 PM
Ty

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

looke like there is another sleder here....
Old 10-04-2007, 09:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ty, you bet, i'f die without my sled. but anyway, i want to swap everything from the diesel over to it, 8 lug axles and everything. it is going to be lifted 6-8" eventually, so i think i might just do the lift while everything is torn out. another concern i have, will i have to fabricate engine mounts and stuff, or will anything bolt right in?

Quick Reply: bronco diesel swap