Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

1994 F150 Stop Light/Turn Signal Wiring

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 10:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1994 F150 Stop Light/Turn Signal Wiring

The standard rear light wiring has a 3-wire circuit: ground, running light, stop-turn combo feeding a single dual filament bulb. I need to change the wiring on this truck so that the tail lights only display the running lights and the turn signal - no stop lights, but I do not want to disconnect the stop light switch on the pedal, as it is needed to turn the auxiliary stop lights on (the single green wire connector under the hood on the left front fender).

Would cutting the wire to the rear stop/turn wires and then feeding those same rear turn signals with the front turn signal power source (splice the rear circuit in common with the front circuits) eliminate the stop lamp in the rear lights? Since there are no stop lamps in the front, Seems like that would work - but I don't have a wiring diagram for the turn/stop system. Any help would be appreciated - especially a link to a wiring diagram.

TIA
Old 09-01-2009, 05:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why do you need to eliminate the rear stop lights?
Old 09-01-2009, 10:02 PM

The vehicle needs to have lights set up for the EU - has to have yellow turn signals in the rear - without the added stop lights.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well you will basically end up rewiring the truck bumper to bumper then.
Old 09-02-2009, 02:02 PM

Hardly. The turn signals work just fine the way I proposed using a yellow lamp in the backup light position. The auxiliary stop light feed now feeds both rear stop lamps in addition to the stop light on the shell and we added two backup lights under the step bumper.

Quick Reply: 1994 F150 Stop Light/Turn Signal Wiring