Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Platinum Regret$ Anybody?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2016, 04:40 PM

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Stinger
This is so true about the general public not having a clue what the higher end trim levels costs. I have a black 2012 FX4 and my neighbor just bought a black 2016 limited. All of our neighbors who we hang out with have no clue how much his costs. They just view them as black F150s. Mine actually gets more compliments because of the aftermarket rims and PTM fender flares that gives it a more aggressive look. My next F150 is going to be an XLT, just because I simply can't justify the additional cost for a lariat, platinum, or KR. I like higher end vehicles and trim levels, however I don't see the value in the F1 50 for what Ford is charging. That is not a knock on anybody who owns a higher end F1 50, it's just my opinion. and to be honest, I am always doing a double take when I see a platinum or king Ranch drive-by. They are awesome looking vehicles!
Isn't that the truth. I have a '17 Platinum on order, but my other ride is a 2015 BMW M4... Which cost only $6k more than the MSRP on the F150 Platinum.....
Old 09-22-2016, 10:59 AM

Received 291 Likes on 225 Posts

Originally Posted by tmilnthorp
Isn't that the truth. I have a '17 Platinum on order, but my other ride is a 2015 BMW M4... Which cost only $6k more than the MSRP on the F150 Platinum.....
Honestly...$50,000+ for any car is insane, BMW or Ford. The value just isn't there whether it's BMW, Mercedes, Ford, Lexus, Chevy, etc. But yet, we pay it, so prices keep going up.

How do you like your M4? Been reliable so far?
Old 09-22-2016, 11:05 AM

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by gopherman
Honestly...$50,000+ for any car is insane, BMW or Ford. The value just isn't there whether it's BMW, Mercedes, Ford, Lexus, Chevy, etc. But yet, we pay it, so prices keep going up.

How do you like your M4? Been reliable so far?
Amazing car. Absolutely love it. Zero problems... except the tires keep wearing out quickly
Old 09-22-2016, 08:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was after the most truck I could get for the least amount of money. I found a 2015 Platinum that was loaded in April of this year for less than I could get a loaded Lariat for (with all of the incentives they had to get the 2015's off the lots). Aside from a few problems with the Adaptive Cruise Control slamming on the brakes at times - I love the truck and the bells and whistles.

The key to avoid being viewed as a rich snob is don't wash it! Let the bugs build up on the grill so you can't tell it's brushed aluminum. Don't wash the wheels and they'll eventually look cloudy and won't sparkle. Before long you'll be driving around in a truck that looks like a piece of #%@*. Problem solved!
Old 09-22-2016, 09:34 PM
Fordless

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by arbellspi
The key to avoid being viewed as a rich snob is don't wash it! Let the bugs build up on the grill so you can't tell it's brushed aluminum. Don't wash the wheels and they'll eventually look cloudy and won't sparkle. Before long you'll be driving around in a truck that looks like a piece of #%@*. Problem solved!
That's exactly what my Lariat looks like right now. It's got mud and dirt all over it, hasn't been washed in 4 months, etc. Looks like a work truck. I don't intend to keep it this way, but it's hunting season and I'm getting it dirty every day off so there's been no reason to clean it up. It is just a truck after all...
Old 09-23-2016, 09:17 PM

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I was just "window shopping" when I ended up trading my 14 FX4 in on a 16 Platinum. I was having some engine problems that no one was able to figure out why and i was coming close to being at the end of my warranty. I got such a amazing deal that I couldn't say no. I wanted to stay with the 5.0L so that removed the option of looking at a Limited for me. I opted out of the camera and adaptive cruise. I did get the FX4 with sunroof and nav just removed the badge as I have plans down the road and the badge wouldn't fit. As for the tailgate I plan on doing a paint match hopefully in the summer when its warm again. This is by far my most favourite truck that i have owned.
Old 09-24-2016, 01:32 AM
2023 402a Tremor

Received 134 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by robinstalls
I was just "window shopping" when I ended up trading my 14 FX4 in on a 16 Platinum. I was having some engine problems that no one was able to figure out why and i was coming close to being at the end of my warranty. I got such a amazing deal that I couldn't say no. I wanted to stay with the 5.0L so that removed the option of looking at a Limited for me. I opted out of the camera and adaptive cruise. I did get the FX4 with sunroof and nav just removed the badge as I have plans down the road and the badge wouldn't fit. As for the tailgate I plan on doing a paint match hopefully in the summer when its warm again. This is by far my most favourite truck that i have owned.
Nice!!!
The following users liked this post:
robinstalls (09-26-2016)
Old 09-24-2016, 12:37 PM

Received 291 Likes on 225 Posts

Originally Posted by robinstalls
Beautiful. Even though I'm the one that posted this thread...I love these trucks. Especially BJM (there aren't too many in Plat. trim level). Here's it's twin fresh after a car wash

:
FX4* (09-24-2016)
Old 09-24-2016, 10:51 PM

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

[QUOTE=gopherman;4961577]Honestly...$50,000+ for any car is insane, BMW or Ford. The value just isn't there whether it's BMW, Mercedes, Ford, Lexus, Chevy, etc. But yet, we pay it, so prices keep going up.

I agree with you - that's where I have to just say "nah" on cars and trucks... Most I spent was 48K on a new E class a few years ago (and that was 8K off MSRP) - had for 2.5 years and traded for 38.... The more you pay, the more you lose in depreciation - I just have a tough time justifying.. Not saying it's wrong for others at all! To each their own.. But for me, I just don't want that much money into a vehicle that OTHERS will tear up - door dings, someone hitting you etc.. it's always others that do that for me..

I ended up buying a Lariat (2015 new) - MSRP was 47 - paid 37 for it.. so still a lot of money, but I think fair for the truck I have... Plus, if your spouse also drives a 50K dollar vehicle - a 100K in cars? damn! Just don't want that much in vehicles... I have 63K wrapped up in a 2015 F-150 and a 2013 4Runner the wife drives...

But cars/Trucks have gotten VERY expensive...

Last edited by JayS2015; 09-24-2016 at 10:54 PM.
Old 09-26-2016, 10:01 PM

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by gopherman
Beautiful. Even though I'm the one that posted this thread...I love these trucks. Especially BJM (there aren't too many in Plat. trim level). Here's it's twin fresh after a car wash

:
Beautiful truck. I went from loving the grey but once i saw the BJM I had to have it. They look so good in the sunlight
gopherman (09-27-2016)

Quick Reply: Platinum Regret$ Anybody?