Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Thinking

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2017, 12:35 AM

Received 2,508 Likes on 1,818 Posts

I've had great luck with Sherwin Williams also. They seem to be able to match things almost spot on, where Lowe's and HD seem to always be a shade or 3 off. JMO, of course. lol
Old 07-26-2017, 12:47 AM

Received 6,583 Likes on 4,696 Posts

Thar she blows. It's a 2017 with only 6600 miles on it. When I first saw it, my first thought was "hell yes... POWERSTROKE". But.... it's a V10.

Old 07-26-2017, 01:12 AM

The one I rented in April was a 2005 with 108k on it. It was tight for the year, but I hated the brakes. Once they almost yanked me off the right side of the road. Grabbers for sure. Other than that, it ran well, shifted great, had plenty of power and such. Going around the other day, I saw a UHaul Chevy box on a wrecker, and a little later, a big Chev box van was on the side of the road with oil running all over the ground. It wasn't a good day for Chev's that day.
Old 07-26-2017, 08:34 AM

Received 1,376 Likes on 1,077 Posts

Originally Posted by akdoggie
I've had great luck with Sherwin Williams also. They seem to be able to match things almost spot on, where Lowe's and HD seem to always be a shade or 3 off. JMO, of course. lol
Well there is something to be said for consistency when a couple thousand mile of separation doesn't change their quality. That shade or 3 got me too. Even took them a can of the exact brand they carried with the formula on it but it wasnt meant to be. Lol
Old 07-26-2017, 11:25 AM

Received 6,583 Likes on 4,696 Posts

The one I rented in April was a 2005 with 108k on it. It was tight for the year, but I hated the brakes. Once they almost yanked me off the right side of the road. Grabbers for sure. Other than that, it ran well, shifted great, had plenty of power and such. Going around the other day, I saw a UHaul Chevy box on a wrecker, and a little later, a big Chev box van was on the side of the road with oil running all over the ground. It wasn't a good day for Chev's that day.
When their best jab at Ford is dropping a tool box in the bed of the truck, and boasting that they have a step in the rear bumper.... that tells you something. They know their trucks are an inferior product.

We have had a rash of theft in our area recently, so I backed the Expedition right next to the back of the truck (Uhaul is full now) and I pulled the fuel pump fuse on the truck.

Old 07-26-2017, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by white89gt
When their best jab at Ford is dropping a tool box in the bed of the truck, and boasting that they have a step in the rear bumper.... that tells you something. They know their trucks are an inferior product.

We have had a rash of theft in our area recently, so I backed the Expedition right next to the back of the truck (Uhaul is full now) and I pulled the fuel pump fuse on the truck.
That was a really good idea. It would be a terrible thing for someone to make off with the full contents of your home. I would have to hunt someone down for that.
The following users liked this post:
white89gt (07-26-2017)
Old 07-26-2017, 12:56 PM

That has happened twice at least this year on national and local news. A guy and family came to Alaska, parked at the motel for the night, came out, everything, truck, trailer and extras, were all gone. That was 6 months or so ago, and still no truck? We may be a big state, but still there are only 700k registered vehicles. Something as big as a 24' Box, a 16' trailer, and all their stuff is still missing? Don't forget the NASCAR racer who came out to no race car? This chit is really getting bad, and a couple days ago, local police said that approximated 30-35 cars a day are being stolen locally.

The poor guys with the pre-08 GM's are getting killed. I had 4 friends in the past 2 days lose their trucks to theft. GM's early VAT system sucks, and one screwdriver and hammer, 10 seconds later, byebye. Totally Unbelievable the way they are being stolen and how many.

One person has a video of them getting into their truck, 11 seconds later, without keys, the truck is driving down the road. The person couldn't get their clothes on quick enough and it was history. They found it yesterday. Stolen on the 23rd and found on the 25th. What a freaking mess. Before ((bottom) and after (top) pics below.
Attached Thumbnails Thinking-20258355_1553739458010537_2371374143314493711_n.jpg  
Attached Images  

Last edited by akdoggie; 07-26-2017 at 12:59 PM.
Old 07-26-2017, 01:17 PM

That has happened twice at least this year on national and local news. A guy and family came to Alaska, parked at the motel for the night, came out, everything, truck, trailer and extras, were all gone. That was 6 months or so ago, and still no truck? We may be a big state, but still there are only 700k registered vehicles. Something as big as a 24' Box, a 16' trailer, and all their stuff is still missing? Don't forget the NASCAR racer who came out to no race car? This chit is really getting bad, and a couple days ago, local police said that approximated 30-35 cars a day are being stolen locally.

The poor guys with the pre-08 GM's are getting killed. I had 4 friends in the past 2 days lose their trucks to theft. GM's early VAT system sucks, and one screwdriver and hammer, 10 seconds later, byebye. Totally Unbelievable the way they are being stolen and how many.

One person has a video of them getting into their truck, 11 seconds later, without keys, the truck is driving down the road. The person couldn't get their clothes on quick enough and it was history. They found it yesterday. Stolen on the 23rd and found on the 25th. What a freaking mess. Before ((bottom) and after (top) pics below.
Poor truck. That is terrible.
Old 07-26-2017, 01:53 PM

It seems like 99% of the spray painted rigs are stolen. They are swapping similar plates, so they don't get pulled over. The cops are only writing citations for this right now. Our illustrious legislature rolled back the penalties for first timers. Last year, we had about 900 vehicles stolen in Anchorage. This year, over 700 so far. This crap has got to stop. Time to impose the penalties again. Cutting the prison population for money, doesn't provide people with any sort of recourse. We can't shoot them, we can't "bait car" them, so we are at their mercy until SB91 gets changed back. AZZ wholes in Juneau. Yet their constituents always vote these people back in. Go figure
Old 07-26-2017, 02:35 PM

It seems like 99% of the spray painted rigs are stolen. They are swapping similar plates, so they don't get pulled over. The cops are only writing citations for this right now. Our illustrious legislature rolled back the penalties for first timers. Last year, we had about 900 vehicles stolen in Anchorage. This year, over 700 so far. This crap has got to stop. Time to impose the penalties again. Cutting the prison population for money, doesn't provide people with any sort of recourse. We can't shoot them, we can't "bait car" them, so we are at their mercy until SB91 gets changed back. AZZ wholes in Juneau. Yet their constituents always vote these people back in. Go figure
Citations for stolen vehicles? WTF?!

Quick Reply: Thinking