Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 Anzo Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2017, 09:07 PM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Does anyone know the wire size of the turn signal wire that need to be tapped into for the switchback led?

I know the housing comes with the wire taps to do it, but I hate that style of tap and want to buy a different kind.
Old 10-06-2017, 09:13 PM
Banned

Received 515 Likes on 451 Posts

Originally Posted by Aashu
Would the XHP setup fit the ANZO with switchback (2nd option above) ? I have the anto flicker module with XHP installed at this point
You have the XHP Series bulbs in your halogen/stock housings? The anzos use a different bulb size. So your existing H11/9005 bulbs would not fit in the Anzos, which take a H7/H7. However all 4 flavors of the anzos will accept the XHP style bulbs. The G9 (Philips Z ES diodes) bulbs fit without any modifications necessary (other then maybe a 90mm set of boots for the highs). While the XHP Style bulbs (CREE XHP) require either our relocation kit or you need to get creative with the wiring.

Originally Posted by Dudebud
Has anyone else have issues with their high beam not projecting the enough light? The high beams looks distorted and does not make a difference. I tried recommended placement of the bulb at 3 and 9 o'clock position but it doesn't project any light on the road. I currently have it set at 6 and 12 and it's a little better.

Also the adjustment for the high beams don't work on mine either. I keep turning and turning but it does nothing.

I'm running the anzo switchbacks with Claralux LED xhp50 and xhp70

Yes my highs are terrible on the anzos (compared to the halogen housings). BUT I've yet to actually align them so that might be why (the highs on the anzos use a different alignment screw on the bottom of the housing, as you are actually aligning the projectors NOT the entire housing). I have mine at 3 and 9 and it's the preferred method. 6 and 9 means you are throwing light high up, wihch is why you may be getting a better effect, but if you never aligned your highs, that is why. You need to align the high beam projectors separate. You have to go in from the fender well I'm told to do this.
Old 10-07-2017, 08:49 AM

Received 583 Likes on 444 Posts

Originally Posted by rwBoho
Does anyone know the wire size of the turn signal wire that need to be tapped into for the switchback led?

I know the housing comes with the wire taps to do it, but I hate that style of tap and want to buy a different kind.
I believe it's 22-24 gauge
Old 10-07-2017, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by carrierj
I believe it's 22-24 gauge
Thanks. I'll make sure I have the correct size tap.
Old 10-07-2017, 02:03 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 4x4TruckLEDS.com
Yes my highs are terrible on the anzos (compared to the halogen housings). BUT I've yet to actually align them so that might be why (the highs on the anzos use a different alignment screw on the bottom of the housing, as you are actually aligning the projectors NOT the entire housing). I have mine at 3 and 9 and it's the preferred method. 6 and 9 means you are throwing light high up, wihch is why you may be getting a better effect, but if you never aligned your highs, that is why. You need to align the high beam projectors separate. You have to go in from the fender well I'm told to do this.
Thats what i did. I removed the fender liners and its a silver screw/bolt to adjust for the high beams, but no matter which way i turn it, it doesn't move.
Old 10-08-2017, 07:51 AM

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

Yes, we put a big write up in the vendor forum about them, check out the link/images here:

https://www.f150forum.com/f37/led-vs...esults-393731/
Thanks!!
Old 10-08-2017, 12:27 PM

Well, after much internal debate over putting Silverstars or LEDs in my new Anzos, I finally ordered the G9 LEDs from 4x4 Truck LEDs for the low beams. I may still use Silverstars in the highs.
Old 10-08-2017, 06:48 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Anzo

Don't know if this question has been asked before but looking for some advice.
which is the best way to go to get improve light output coming from stock halogens:
anzo plus LEDs or Raptor refrofit led.
im looking for an option that you still DRL and auto lights functionality.
any info will be helpful.
Old 10-08-2017, 06:53 PM
Banned

Received 515 Likes on 451 Posts

Well stock halogens you can't really get much better. You can replace them with some better halogen bulbs, but you can only go so bright.

Installing LED's in your halogen housings will have the most lumen thrown out, but it's not as defined as going with the Anzos (which is what this thread is about).

Anzos provide a better cut-off, which is ideal but it's a focused light. While the halogen housings (as we call them, aka the stock housings) have bigger reflectors that can throw a lot more light, but it's not defined.

So you have a choice. LOTS of light, but not defined OR a really defined output and really nice light.

Here are two shootouts we did to show you what various bulbs/setups look like in a halogen housing and the anzo. You can see how the anzos output is more defined BUT it doesn't look like it lights up the surround areaing much (which is KIND of good, it's focused).

Top photo is the Anzo housing. Bottom photo is the stock halogen housing...

Old 10-08-2017, 07:49 PM

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

Well stock halogens you can't really get much better. You can replace them with some better halogen bulbs, but you can only go so bright.

Installing LED's in your halogen housings will have the most lumen thrown out, but it's not as defined as going with the Anzos (which is what this thread is about).

Anzos provide a better cut-off, which is ideal but it's a focused light. While the halogen housings (as we call them, aka the stock housings) have bigger reflectors that can throw a lot more light, but it's not defined.

So you have a choice. LOTS of light, but not defined OR a really defined output and really nice light.

Here are two shootouts we did to show you what various bulbs/setups look like in a halogen housing and the anzo. You can see how the anzos output is more defined BUT it doesn't look like it lights up the surround areaing much (which is KIND of good, it's focused).

Top photo is the Anzo housing. Bottom photo is the stock halogen housing...

What is the distance of the top photo with the Anzo?

Quick Reply: 2015 Anzo Headlights