Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans - Conversation Between tdcarter72 and ymeski56

Conversation Between tdcarter72 and ymeski56
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 14
  1. tdcarter72
    11-05-2011 07:31 AM - permalink
    I am in need of another EEC IV processor and needed this number so I could cross reference it in my parts numbers catalog to make sure I am getting the right one. It also cross references with other parts in the emissions and all the sensors on the motor.

    One more thing if its not to much trouble. If you get time could you take a picture of the sticker and post it for me. I would like to have one to put in my files so I could reference back to it.

    Again, thanks for you time and help
  2. ymeski56
    11-04-2011 03:36 PM - permalink
    Valve cover = 7-54J-R05

    87' 302.

    What did you need it for?
  3. tdcarter72
    10-29-2011 08:36 AM - permalink
    I am not sure what permanent sticker you are referring to, but the code will not be on the emissions sticker that has the vacuum diagram on it.

    The only two places that I have been told the calibration code sticker would be, is on the drivers side valve cover or on the inside of the drivers side door where the VIN sticker is located. Sticker should be either yellow or white in color (more likely white and faded real bad considering its age) .

    The code will be something like this: 7-54J-R05

    I have it narrowed down to these two codes: 7-54J-R05 or 7-54J-R11
  4. ymeski56
    10-28-2011 12:20 PM - permalink
    It that on the under hood permanent sticker? If so I do.
  5. tdcarter72
    10-28-2011 06:47 AM - permalink

    Do you know what your calibration code is for you truck? The sticker has been gone off my truck for some time now and after doing alot of research I have it narrowed down to two possibilities. Since we basically have the same truck (mine is a short bed) I wanted to check with you and see if you knew your calibration code.

    Thanks for any help you can give me.
  6. tdcarter72
    03-05-2011 06:11 AM - permalink

    I am looking into getting the alldata for my 1987 truck and was wanted to know your opinion on the information they provided for our year of trucks.

    As you have used the alldata site information, have you found any of it lacking or missing? or is this just some of the same stuff that is found in the repair books that can be bought in autopart stores?

    Thanks for any help and information you can give.
  7. tdcarter72
    09-19-2010 07:33 AM - permalink
    I live in North Georgia. So we have about 5 months of cold to very cold nights and mornings.

    I have been looking in boneyards, but only at F-series trucks, I will start looking at the other models also.

    I would love as many pics of the thing as I can get. If I can't find one, I am going to try and have one made.
  8. ymeski56
    09-19-2010 02:40 AM - permalink

    I can get a better pic of the whole thing tomorrow if you want.

    Boneyard! Be sure to check rangers, F-series, broncos, & possibly E-series of that vintage too. I'm guessing 87'-89', maybe 90" & later. You live somewhere where it gets cold part of the year?
  9. tdcarter72
    09-19-2010 12:42 AM - permalink
    Yes, thats what I am looking for and need, the collector and the elbow. My truck is a 1987.

    This is the first time I have seen this part for my truck. Is that the factory collector and elbow on your truck or an after market?

    You have any idea where I can get one?
  10. ymeski56
    09-18-2010 10:52 PM - permalink
    Oh that's a heat collector. no exhaust actually mixes w/ the intake air. when that diverter is open, air is drawn across the manifolds & mixes w/ the intake air. I remember you now. What year? You need the collector & the elbow?

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:42 AM.

Copyright 2006 - 2017 We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to and affiliated sites.