Topic Sponsor
Electrical, Lights and Audio "How-To" articles pertaining to the Electrical System (including Lights and Audio) of an F150

Led Tail Light Load Resistor Questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2014, 11:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Led Tail Light Load Resistor Questions

Hello everyone,

I just bought two Led tail lights off of E-Bay. I don't know what brand they are. They are hyper flashing. I read many discussions that I have to install load resistors to each light. Meaning all 4 lights.
Questions:

1- Is there any conversion kits that just plug in with load resistors already included in them?
2- Is a 50W 6Ohm load resistor OK for correcting the problem?
3- In adding these resistors to my lights can this harm the trucks electronics (annul my warranty)?
4- What wires would I splice to add the load resistors? I have a black a yellow and a red? I tried uploading a picture but was unable to do so!

Thanking everyone in advance for there responses.
Cheers
Eddy
Old 10-09-2014, 06:25 PM
lost my Car again...

Received 41 Likes on 41 Posts

Just use a electronic flasher. problem solved. no hyper flashing or solid on blinkers and easy to replace. My trucks running a full led conversion just used a electronic flasher over a manual one. works great!
Old 10-12-2014, 08:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was informed that an electronic flasher is not available for my 2013 F150.
Thanks
Eddy
Old 10-13-2014, 08:12 PM
lost my Car again...

Your in the wrong section then bub... this is for 8th 9th gen f150s for them generations they are available. I would think there would be electronic alredy as the mechanical ones have gone the wayside. I could be wrong.

If you plan on using the load resisters. I would imagine splicing into the harness would void the warranty... as for type it could vary from car to car but I would imagine checking the ohms on a normal bulb might help you dialing in the number some as an LED uses so little power the resister just makes it so the flasher will think theres a normal bulb there.

My 94 is full led and uses very little for lights. the resisters would kind of spoil the idea of using leds as it just converts power to heat.
Old 10-13-2014, 08:15 PM
lost my Car again...

https://www.f150forum.com/f33/ <-- thats the section for your late model ford hope that helps you out better if i have not helped any and welcome to the forum!
The following users liked this post:
Ed's FX4 (10-14-2014)

Quick Reply: Led Tail Light Load Resistor Questions