Topic Sponsor
Electrical, Lights and Audio "How-To" articles pertaining to the Electrical System (including Lights and Audio) of an F150

EFI to Carb wiring help

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2014, 08:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation EFI to Carb wiring help

Ok gentlemen...and ladies, I know that the vast majority of you are going to tell me that it is not worth it to do an EFI to Carb swap. The negatives outweigh the positives. Blah blah blah. But for those of us that really just want to simplify working on our own vehicles, carbureted is pretty dang simple. My problem is that all of the mechanics are done, and I suck at electrical. I am trying to wire up the engine components and I just can't seem to figure it out. Do you any of you happen to know of a company that could build me a harness for less than my first born? I have a 1992 F150 5.0L 302 small block Windsor. I just need to get this wiring done so I can have my truck back. Any help is much appreciated.

Last edited by aprentice1989; 08-01-2014 at 08:54 PM.
Old 09-09-2014, 12:08 PM
NAVY Jet Engine Mechanic

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Not that's it's much help (I don't have the know how to help you with this), but would it be possible to put efi parts back on easily and drive it so you can use it while you find a solution to finish the efi to carb swap? Just thinking you could still drive it while you got all your answers?
Old 10-19-2014, 01:45 AM
vertical pin buster

Received 41 Likes on 41 Posts

Painless can make just about wiring harness you need as long as your exact in your ordering.. im guessing your wanting a clean OE. Look. But really theres not alot in those older EFIs. Ive never really fooled with them. But I did put a 5.0 carb. In a bronco that was a 5.0 EFI. It was fairly simple. Wired the electric choke in to a keyed hot fuse and cliped some wires I didnt need. And never had any problems.

Quick Reply: EFI to Carb wiring help