90 model TP (Throttle Position Sensor) question - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Go Back  Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Pre-1997 F150 > How-To Section > Engine & Drivetrain
90 model TP (Throttle Position Sensor) question >

90 model TP (Throttle Position Sensor) question

Topic Sponsor
Engine & Drivetrain "How-To" articles pertaining to the Engine and Drivetrain of an F150 (including Exhaust)

90 model TP (Throttle Position Sensor) question

Old 01-05-2019, 07:59 PM

Question 90 model TP (Throttle Position Sensor) question

Just install a new TP in my F150 (5.0). At first start-up everything seems fine so I took it for a short ride. I felt it revving up. Then from a stop I had to hold brake to keep it from pulling forward.....got it home and shut it off. Now it wont even start .. Is it possible to install the TP wrong? Like 180 out? This thing been giving me fits.
Any help appreciated
Old 01-13-2019, 08:10 AM

I would believe installing it wrong (if thats possible) would set a code. You do have to get it positioned on the correct side of the pin on the throttle shaft or it won't change resistance with throttle position. You can confirm that with an ohm meter.
The Following User Says Thank You to raski For This Useful Post:
Davis336 (01-13-2019)
Old 01-13-2019, 08:09 PM

It had it running great then it stalled again....seems after warm up is only time it does it. Took to a ford mechanic Tand he said I had a faulty relay and bad connection at relay. 225 bucks later I drive 10 miles and the rpms jump up to 20,000 at a stop light not touching gas. Then went from 20 to 7500 back and forth then stall...wait one min fires right back up. Took it back to mechanic and they still have it. They say they cant get it to act up with them even driving it around. Picking it up tomorrow fixed or not

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 90 model TP (Throttle Position Sensor) question

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: