Topic Sponsor
How-To Section Articles and Answers to the most commonly asked Ford F150 questions!

speedometer wont work O/D light on.

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2017, 10:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default speedometer wont working/4x4 cruis.

1997 f150 4x4 The overdrive off light is on and the ABS light, and the 4x4 is ot along with the cruse control the shifting goes in and out of overdrive, I changed the ABS speed sensor on the rear deff, ABS light out, I changed the sensor on the tranny, still no good , is the sensor for the tranny and the deff. the same sensor? and is the sensor on the tranny, a input or output? I was told the tranny has two, one input one out put, I used a tester (II) on the tranny ,(tranny speed sensor A), is this an A sensor as in, A and the other is B as in two sensor, need some help with this one? thank you.

Last edited by cooter62; 06-10-2018 at 09:47 AM. Reason: new tital
Old 06-10-2018, 09:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

replaced tranny sencer Tranny is working ok, no speedometer / 4x4 ( switch on dash on/off not manual)/ cruis control, I replaced deff sencer, checked for contenuity from sencer to a plug under the hood, all the way through the plug, I can not get to the rest of the wier, there is about 50 in a harness that goes someplace, I think I found the sencer wier under the dash but not sure, checked it for contenuity, none , not sure if it is the right wier it is hard to see, does any one have this problem and how did you fix it, thank you for the help.