Topic Sponsor
How-To Section Articles and Answers to the most commonly asked Ford F150 questions!

Help installing rubber mudflaps!

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 01:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help installing rubber mudflaps!

Hey you guys, just bought rubber mudflaps from ford and they didn't come with any instructions. At the time, I thought I'd just google/youtube it and they'd be no problem. So far I haven't found anything that really describes how they are installed! The only instructions I can really find are for the hard plastic ones. Any tips on how to install them would be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys

P.S. my biggest problem is the possibility of having to drill through the body; scares the sh*t outta me! I have a 2012 fx4
Old 12-28-2012, 01:57 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If it scares you take it to a shop. They'll either hold their laughter while drilling through your wheel wells or have the exact part you need (which I don't know what it is). Either way you should get your mud flaps installed.
good luck
Old 03-03-2013, 08:27 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What??? Go sell your truck and buy a Prius! Mud flaps are for 18 wheelers not some stock truck that will never see the mud
Old 03-13-2013, 03:51 PM

Received 58 Likes on 33 Posts

edit

Last edited by Vandicate; 03-13-2013 at 03:53 PM.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:27 PM
SS..DD

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Take this for what you want. More than one member here has had a problem making those rear ones mount correctly, including myself. When I say 'correctly', sometimes they will want to point a little inwards and not straight down to the ground.

Some say there is a bit of movement by loosening the lower quarterpanel support rod, wasn't enough movement there to help mine.

Mine came off, went back to the dealer and put on Weathertechs. they fit great.

Quick Reply: Help installing rubber mudflaps!