Topic Sponsor
How-To Section Articles and Answers to the most commonly asked Ford F150 questions!

A/C stuck on Recirc

Old 08-19-2014, 09:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question A/C stuck on Recirc

I have a 1993 F-150 XLT with 5.0L V8. The A/C stays on recirc no matter what is selected on the Heater/A/C control. However when heat is selcted it heats and when A/C is selected it cools.

I have replaced the vacuum actuator under the hood at the passenger firewall and tested. It works. I found a break in the white nylon/plastic vacuum line coming through the firewall in the wiring loom and have repaired it with a 5/32" rubber hose superglued to the old line to vacuum seal it. No difference---the vacuum actuator still does not work.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to the next troubleshooting steps, i.e.,
should I pull the heater control and check from there? Does the vacuum canister under the hood store vacuum for heater/A/C operation? How do I test it to see if it is holding vacuum? Obviously there are other vacuum controls in the heater system as the heater vacuum control shows (If I remember right) 5 vacuum lines going out of it. Is there a diagram as to their location and function?

Simple problem it seems. Lotsa questions I know.

Any help gratefully accepted and appreciated...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: A/C stuck on Recirc