Topic Sponsor
How-To Section Articles and Answers to the most commonly asked Ford F150 questions!

'95 F150, adjust clutch pedal?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2015, 11:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy '95 F150, adjust clutch pedal?

Hey! I just got a '95 F150. This is my first Ford, first truck, and I have also only been working on cars for a few years so I am still learning. So my question is, is it possible to adjust the clutch pedal at all? I am pretty short so I have to have the seat pushed forward pretty far to be able to engage the clutch comfortably. But my problem is that I have to be so close to push the clutch in that the gas/brake is a little too close to be comfortable. And you have to push the clutch in so far before it actually engages, that when I'm not using it and my foot is on the floor it's like at my shin. I have only driven it around for an hour so tops (literally JUST bought it) and by the end of the drive home I was more comfortable driving it, but it still bothers me. Maybe Fords just aren't meant for short girls

Anyways, I'm just wondering if it's possible to adjust the clutch pedal at all? Like make it so I don't have to push in as far? If possible, is it difficult to do? I can do simple things on cars, spark plugs, rotor, dist cap, brake light switch, swap starter out and other small things. So if it seems something in my range or if there is a DIY it would be greatly appreciated
Old 10-04-2015, 09:57 AM

Received 708 Likes on 671 Posts

In the old days, we would have strapped a piece of 2x4 on the pedal for you, but maybe you could come up with something a little better than that.
First thing would be to make sure your clutch hydraulics are properly bled so they work their best.
The clutch should disengage partway down for shifting. The only time you should have to put it all the way down is to engage the starter - that's just an electrical switch on the pedal mount. I haven't looked at one in a while, but there may be a way to adjust that.
Old 10-04-2015, 03:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Haha!! That's an amazing idea! I will find something to strap to it and test it out!! Thanks 😊
Old 10-04-2015, 05:50 PM

Received 708 Likes on 671 Posts

Give it a try. If it works you can figure out something safe that bolts to the pedal maybe as more of a permanent solution.
Old 02-28-2016, 10:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hose clamps and a piece of 2x4, as for as clutch adjustment, there isnt one you have a hydraulic slave cylinder which has no adjustment....
fyi if you are riding the clutch with your foot...not taking foot fully off petal after you shift or drive off, you will be replacing clutch soon...They wont last doing that..
Old 08-14-2016, 08:47 PM

Default Clutch adjustment

To answer your original question.... No there isn't any clutch adjustment in the 92 thru 96 and previous model f 150 with the hydraulic clutch systems...sorry but you are stuck with where the clutch is, but I would try the previous suggestion of the wooden block...
Old 08-20-2016, 10:29 AM

With the hyd clutch system there really is no way to adj the wood block sounds good but could cause some issues if your feet get wet like slipping off if it really is a big issue I would remove pedal assy chk bushings and find a fab shop maybe you can get a pedal made with a different configuration to adapt to your situation just a thought good luck!!!
Old 08-25-2016, 11:36 PM
We'd do it

Received 448 Likes on 402 Posts

Old thread, but for anyone reading this yes you can get some adjustment out of it. You have to pull off the lever the rod attaches to and re-index it on the pedal shaft. Or get a pushrod from an '87, they're adjustable.

Quick Reply: '95 F150, adjust clutch pedal?