Topic Sponsor

Possible PCM?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2018, 03:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Possible PCM?

I have a 1994 F150 XLT 4x4. I have had trouble with the transmission not properly shifting, but only under certain conditions. The transmission is a rebuilt E4OD tranny from Jasper Transmission and was installed approximately 2 years before I bought the truck 5 yrs ago. When I bought the truck, the speedo didn't operate properly (bounced a lot). Which, I thought had something to do with the tranny shifting issues. So, I replaced the cluster and PSOM. I've replaced the speed sensor at the rear differential. I've also replaced the solenoid pack in the transmission. All this helped quite a bit. The shifting was better. However, it would still "act up" after driving the truck for extended periods of time and/or on very hot summer days (KY). Basically, when the engine compartment was pretty hot. When I say act up, I am talking about...the speedo will start to bounce at speeds from 0mph till about 15mph. It would start to register, then the tranny would shift really hard into 2nd. It would sometimes jerk as if going from neutral to gear to neutral back into gear. Once I got up to about 20mph or more, it would smooth out and go. As I stated, it would only do this on very hot days or if I had been doing longer mileage say like on the interstate. I am thinking my PCM may be defective, but I am not sure. Also, I am about to replace my battery. It's old and not putting out proper charge. Without the engine running, I'll get about 11.6 vdc. With the engine running, 14+. Not sure if that will affect the PCM or not, but as I said...replacing within the next day or so when I have time to run down and get a battery.

Anyway, I welcome any input on possible fixes.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Possible PCM?