Topic Sponsor

no right brake light or turn signal

Old 02-02-2017, 04:38 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default no right brake light or turn signal

hi everybody,i am new here,and would like you to forgive me for not formally introducing my self,but i have had along day with my 91 ford f150xlt.I have this problem with no right brake light or turn signal.I have check fuses and bulbs and wiring to the point that in side the right rear brake light cover is a orange wire that i assume is the wire that goes to the brake light and turn signal section of the socket.It has no power coming from it and i am sure of that.I have tried to trace it to see where it goes but to no avail.I have tail lights,no problem with them.To just get the turn signal to work,i ran a wire to the rear socket from the front turn signal and now i have some kind of turn signal.But i still need a brake light on the right side.Any ideas,even rigging ideas.I am open.
Old 02-15-2017, 10:35 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have a similar issue- no brake lights/flashes but turn signals work; I think it may be in the turn signal cam or the BOO switch.
Old 02-26-2017, 11:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by icu1954
hi everybody,i am new here,and would like you to forgive me for not formally introducing my self,but i have had along day with my 91 ford f150xlt.I have this problem with no right brake light or turn signal.I have check fuses and bulbs and wiring to the point that in side the right rear brake light cover is a orange wire that i assume is the wire that goes to the brake light and turn signal section of the socket.It has no power coming from it and i am sure of that.I have tried to trace it to see where it goes but to no avail.I have tail lights,no problem with them.To just get the turn signal to work,i ran a wire to the rear socket from the front turn signal and now i have some kind of turn signal.But i still need a brake light on the right side.Any ideas,even rigging ideas.I am open.
DO YOU HAPPEN TO HAVE A TRAILEr HITCH INSTALLED WITH TRAILER LIGHTS INSTALLED.
GET ONE OF THE TRAILER LIGHTS TEST PLUGS AND. YOU HAVE LIGHTS RIGHT TURN SIGNAL ON THE TEST PLUG LIGHTS THEN YOUR PROBLEM IS SOMEWHERE ELSE IF YOU DONT LOOK AT THE TRAILER LIGHT PIGTAIL I BET $$ it is there. Also the Brown/white. Wire goes all over that truck check it everywhere for 12 volts. Last thing check the Fuse 5 it is in the drop right corner of the Fuse panel. Replace that fuse with a new one. I didn't believe a fuse could TEST good on the back of it and bad on the big exposed. Tabs that stick in the Fuse panel until friend showed me that I can't explain it. The fuse panel chart/layout says that fuse has nothing to do with LIGHTS mine was blown no LIGHTS. Just check it also check for power at the Fuse socket. The Brown/White is the wire for that fuse. Also pull the little panel off that the headlight switch is on and look at the middle of the connector you will seek and Brown/white Wire. Check it for power like I said that wire goes all over that truck.

Search this Thread