Topic Sponsor

No Power, starter, head lights, nothing

Old 03-24-2014, 01:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Power, starter, head lights, nothing

Driving my 87 F150 the other night and noted a funny whine from the motor. Only traveled about a qtr mile and everything went black and truck died. Opened the hood and the negative battery cable was on fire at the terminal. Terminal connector melted leaving the post of the batter intact. Next morning went and picked up another terminal connection, clamped on the cable and re-intalled. Still nothing. No lights, no horn, no ignition. Strong truck before this 117k miles and 300 ci 6 cyl. Need help for my fishing and hunting truck (87 F150 XLT Lariat, extended cab 2 wd)
Old 03-24-2014, 02:40 PM

Received 102 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Fisharcher
Driving my 87 F150 the other night and noted a funny whine from the motor. Only traveled about a qtr mile and everything went black and truck died. Opened the hood and the negative battery cable was on fire at the terminal. Terminal connector melted leaving the post of the batter intact. Next morning went and picked up another terminal connection, clamped on the cable and re-intalled. Still nothing. No lights, no horn, no ignition. Strong truck before this 117k miles and 300 ci 6 cyl. Need help for my fishing and hunting truck (87 F150 XLT Lariat, extended cab 2 wd)
You should probably check at least all the cables connected directly to neg and get the battery tested.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: No Power, starter, head lights, nothing