Topic Sponsor

New stereo, new wires, good speakers, no sound

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2018, 09:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New stereo, new wires, good speakers, no sound

Braden Hulce , Yesterday 10:27 PM
Bought this truck about a month ago with a radio that did not work. I put an old used stereo of mine in it could not get sound to speakers so ran new wires and it worked great until now. I lost sound in that stereo so I bought a new one and installed it. Worked great for an hour but lost sound driving down the road. It still has the display and everything works but have no sound. Sometimes I will go to drive it and it will work but then it will lose sound again. I've looked for exposed wires, removed the old amp, got rid of all old wires accept the three power wires, reset the stereo, unhooked the battery for more than a half hour multiple times and still no luck. Does anyone have any idea what would cause this please help!
it's a 95 f150xlt 5.8l
Old 03-19-2018, 01:52 PM

Received 1,731 Likes on 1,487 Posts

Not without more detail. Exactly what brand & model is the head unit? Post a link to a site with all its specs (like the mfr. or Crutchfield). What speakers are you using? Specs. How exactly is the wiring connected? How are the speaker wires run? What radio did the truck originally have - premium sound with amp?
Old 03-19-2018, 03:18 PM

Yes premium sound with amp, but all of that is removed. The only wires we are using off of factory is power, ground and memory. We plan to rewire those next.
Old 03-19-2018, 03:25 PM

If it does not work I will get that specific info.
Old 03-21-2018, 09:26 AM

I wired in the new power wires and it still did noting. I then started unplugging each speaker at the stereo until I unplugged the rear right and then the other one that was left started working. So then I knew something was wrong in that new wire. So I traced it back starting at the speaker and found it has been pinched inside the door trim. I replaced that little section and it all works now

Quick Reply: New stereo, new wires, good speakers, no sound