Topic Sponsor

New floor lights,dash lights, cargo lights, courtesy lights and all

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2015, 12:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New floor lights,dash lights, cargo lights, courtesy lights and all

I have just finished upgrading my 95 with a ton of lights (see picture) the thing is I wired my floor lights up to my instrument panel lights via fuse tap, now they only work when I pull DRL or lights, which is good... something I didn't expect was that the built in dimmer actually works with them, am I essentially pushing less power to the leds? Will they burn out or should they be fine, also same question for the blue leds behind cluster as they still dim as well, wasn't able to get Heater/cooler done tho...
Old 10-14-2015, 09:12 AM
1994 F150 XLT 5.8L 2wd

Received 247 Likes on 237 Posts

You should be fine, yes they are getting less power but that won't make them go bad.

Looks nice btw
The following users liked this post:
Eric Loiselle (10-14-2015)
Old 10-16-2015, 11:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How many bulbs did the dash take? I want to do this too but would like to do it in one night or a day so I would like to have everything I need to get it done.
Old 10-17-2015, 09:23 AM
1994 F150 XLT 5.8L 2wd

Received 247 Likes on 237 Posts

There is 20 or 22 bulbs total behind the dash, including the HVAC controls. I replaced mine in under 2 hours. There are some here that have scraped the green film off of the cluster and used different colored LED's, looks awesome. The only thing to be careful of is not to replace any of the warning/dummy lights with LED's, most would be fine but I know the battery light for sure needs an incandescent bulb as it's part of the feedback circuitry.

FWIW I ordered all of my bulbs from rockauto (just regular bulbs) and only paid $0.18/ea for them.
95f150trueduals (10-20-2015)
Old 10-20-2015, 10:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry on the long reply I actually ordered a pack of 10 blue leds they were flat and had about five smaller led's facing front. I was able to put 5 (cluster gauge), 2 (temp control) 1 (ashtray light) that all run off this dimmer, I used the spare 2 as my courtesy lights. You have the green tint behind the numbers, don't let people scare you it's easy to remove!!!!(OPTIONAL TAKE OFF NEEDLES WITH FORK, REMEMBER WHERE THEY WERE)!!!!!!!!! pull the black plastic up "CAREFULLY" (I ripped black color off my temp control but super glue made it look glossy from behind and I literally can't tell) and wipe it off with q-tips and acetone(nail Polish remover is what I had[sisters]) tac them back with a couple tags of super glue(if you tore off the black coloring, use decent amount of super glue when reapplying, black color should return) and fire them up! An update tho I had to angle ashtray light since it had some type of holder for a 360 degree bulb, only downfall is all my "dimmer" lights are now diodes and not resistors and now they barely dim, if I put another incandescent in just the ashtray it should fix the problem.
95f150trueduals (10-20-2015)
Old 05-06-2016, 11:00 AM

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Bringing back to an older post but I didn't feel like I needed to create my own thread just to ask this, what type of bulbs do the in-dash lights use? Are they the T10 bulbs like what the interior and license plate lights are? Or are they smaller? I have a 1995 that has a couple of lights out in the dash.

Last edited by 24willyboy; 05-10-2016 at 10:54 AM.

Quick Reply: New floor lights,dash lights, cargo lights, courtesy lights and all