Topic Sponsor

Lights

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2014, 12:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Lights

I have been having trouble with my lights for some time now. All my lights work fine in the day time but as soon as I pull that headlight switch my brake lights, tail lights and blinkers dont work, my hazards work but they are dim and slow. I have changed out my headlight switch and they still didnt work, so I changed out my multifunction (turn signal, hazard) switch and everything worked for a little while and then stopped working again. I have also changed out a couple fuses that are associated with my lights. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME! I havent gotten around to looking at every wire yet, that was kinda my last resort, I will do that today but in the meantime if anyone can tell me anything. I dont care if I have to trial and error a few for times I just miss my vehicle at night!!!
Old 10-13-2014, 12:47 AM

Did you find out what the problem was? I'm having some issues as well.
Old 10-13-2014, 05:56 AM

Received 871 Likes on 695 Posts

Try tilting your steering wheel up and down. My 03 had this issue. I replaces the multifunction switch and still had the issue. I adjusted the wheel to my normal spot and it worked. Seams that the harness is to short and when you adjust height it pulls the plug from the switch.

Wayne
Old 10-13-2014, 08:04 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Those headlight switches have a tendency to go bad. I believe other power wiring also goes through it, but you'll have to look that up. Replacing them is fairly easy. Pull it out and see if maybe the connectors are burnt/shorted and if the spring inside is still intact.
Old 11-04-2014, 01:28 PM

Smile

I drive a 96 and my truck was just doing this a few days ago. I replaced fuse nothing, so I pulled my relay out (the round part in the fuse panel) and replaced that, now my hazards are at normal speed and bright and all my signals work properly. Hopefully this helps!

Quick Reply: Lights