Topic Sponsor

Knock sensor not detected 225

Old 06-09-2016, 05:28 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Knock sensor not detected 225

This is KOER. Knock sensor, where is it and what is it? How do I check it out. Please help me out!

Last edited by okc lube man; 06-09-2016 at 06:08 PM.
Old 09-08-2016, 07:28 PM

Please help if you can! I think I found why knock sensor not detected. Can anyone confirm exact location? I have something on passenger side back of exhaust manifold area. It has one wire on it and connector is shot. I can't seem to find what it plugged into.

Also if someone can confirm what pin location at PCM? I can try to tone it out or splice a new wire to it.

Would this cause missing issues?
Old 09-09-2016, 01:41 PM

I guess this means no one has exper this. So let me be the first. Now I did for sure find the knock sensor. It was just flopping around not threaded in at the passenger (right) rear of the engine. I find that strange. Well I ordered a new from Oreilly's. I am now thinking and hoping that this has been my missing issue. So many other things have been fixed and corrected that this is now being more pronounced. I should know at least by tomorrow if it makes any change.
Old 09-09-2016, 10:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any luck with the knock sensor? it is Indeed on the back passenger side behind the intake manifold threaded into the block.
Old 09-09-2016, 11:06 PM

Hey 93! Big oreillys cross referenced fords part # and said they had it. I went to pick it up and it was for an import.

That's not the worse part! If I can find one off of a salvage I couldn't use it. Where it threads into the block, mine will not. I am curious if I could get one for of a different style for something like a 5.4L and mount it anywhere and it satisfy the PCM
Old 09-09-2016, 11:25 PM

so you read the codes because of a check engine light? I actually had to put an 89 crown Victoria 302 in my f150 and it had no hole for the sensor. so I winged it and I tried something I just zip tied it very tightly to the wiring harness and I've had no check engine light or problem since
Old 09-09-2016, 11:51 PM

A little history. I picked this truck up for $750 in 2011. Just needed a truck. Then a couple of my kids (daughters) drive it for a while. The last was calling me all the time. She finally relinquished back to me in May. I've been doing a lot to this truck.

I don't have a CEL, but I am having issues. Every time I pull codes I get one for the knock sensor and spout connector. I've ignored it because I did not even know what or where it was.

When it started missing ( bucking, chugging) during driving, I had to figure something out.

Tranny checked good and they all said it's got a miss (???)

Now I find this. It was connected to harness but just sitting in its position loose in threads. I figure I at least need to replace with at least another v8 sensor.

However I have not ohmed out the wiring to ground or back to the PCM. When I pulled the connector off of the sensor, the sensor terminals looked rough. I just assumed it to be bad. As bad as somethings have been, vacuum lines and most of the electrical has been ok. Although you know how these old connectors can be. Look at them and they break.
Old 09-09-2016, 11:57 PM

well an idea to try is clean it up the best you can and replug it. disconnect the battery and reconnect and try the codes another time. are all of your plug wires tight and coil wire tight?
Old 09-10-2016, 12:00 AM

have you tried any fuel additives. and is you're stributer bolt tight?
Old 09-10-2016, 12:49 AM

Yeah dizzy is tight. New plugs and wires. That darn thing is such a b to get to that I am hesitant to do that.

As far as fuel goes, the injectors have been professionally cleaned and verified good. New pumps and filter and FPR.

I forget the model but I have that Innova code reader. Its awesome.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Knock sensor not detected 225