Topic Sponsor

Inertia Switch voltage/no start

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2018, 05:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Inertia Switch voltage/no start

Sir; 1995 F-150-4.9 engine-5 speed Tremec -short bed -dual tanks. No start-will run on starting fluid . Has fresh gasoline in both tanks. fuel pump relay jumped. 12 volts to inertia switch . Tank selector switch checks o.k. while removed. Checked plug in dash for selector switch -#6 =Ground- #2 =2.7volts-# 5=7.82 volts. Remove Fuel tank Jumper ,replaced proper relay, tried to start,ECM shows a 2 sec prime then drops voltage back because of no running rotation of engine.(test light)Brand new battery-Both fuel pumps quit at the same time. I have been under the truck, I could not see any problems, no rust, I bought new, never in snow or ice .I have checked all the fuses and relays with an O scope. I have not pulled or bothered the ECM.As far as I can tell the wire harnesses are plugged in tight and look good to the eye. No impact to truck of any sort.43,000 miles on engine. At this point I can only think ECM-But that's only a guess! If you have any constructive help on this subject, I would appreciate it.Thank You . jf7819

Quick Reply: Inertia Switch voltage/no start