Topic Sponsor

Alternator swap, need help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 12:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Alternator swap, need help!

Ok, first time posting here, and a new member. I have a 1994 F150 5.0 and I was hoping someone could either tell me what the 3 smaller gauge wires on the alternator are for and/or what they go to, or maybe if someone was kind enough to help a new member out, and maybe have an alternator wiring diagram they could email me or post a copy of? I just had a flood recently and my service manual was ruined and money has been tight so I just haven't been able to buy another one yet. I tried searching for a pic of it online and here on the forums but it seems rather hard to locate. I recently got a billet one wire alternator for free from my best friend, and I understand how to run the larger posative lead, but I don't know what to do with the 3 other wires from the stock alternator. There is 1 single wire with a gray square connector plugged into a seperate terminal, and then there are 2 other wires in their own plug right next to the single square plug. I know that at least 1 of these is used for the battery light on the dash, but I am not sure which one(s) or how many, or how the battery light type of setup works. Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Quick Reply: Alternator swap, need help!