Topic Sponsor

95 f150 passenger window won't go up.

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2015, 08:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 f150 passenger window won't go up.

My 95 f150 passenger window won't roll up. Not the motor cause it goes down. Not the switch cause I replaced it PLUS it also only goes down on when I use the driver side switch for the passenger window. It will go down from both sides but the passenger window won't go up at all. if I by pass the switch an run power to the motor it goes up an down but I can't find a broken/split wire anywhere near the door. I know its wiring but where? Anyone have this issue? An does anyone have a diagram for the windows. could it be a relay or a fuse? Please help it's getting warmer an i wanna be able to put the windows down an cruise. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-11-2015, 08:49 PM
1994 F150 XLT 5.8L 2wd

Received 247 Likes on 237 Posts

Your problem is kind of hard to follow:
Does it go down using both switches?

If no I would suspect the switch, whether it's new or new to you it could still be faulty. Test with multimeter to ensure it's sending a signal.

If yes then try running an additional wire from signal up to motor receiver up.

This is for a 97 f350 but since they have the same body as 92-96 f150 I would assumes this is the correct diagram.
Old 03-12-2015, 09:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fltdriver
Your problem is kind of hard to follow:
Does it go down using both switches?

If no I would suspect the switch, whether it's new or new to you it could still be faulty. Test with multimeter to ensure it's sending a signal.

If yes then try running an additional wire from signal up to motor receiver up.

This is for a 97 f350 but since they have the same body as 92-96 f150 I would assumes this is the correct diagram.
The window will go down with both switches but the window will not go up from either switch. The driver window works great. Passenger only goes down. I'm thinking I'll get a new brand new switch along with picking up a multimeter. what should I be looking for when checking with the multimeter
Old 03-12-2015, 08:35 PM
1994 F150 XLT 5.8L 2wd

Received 247 Likes on 237 Posts

A signal being sent, you may be able to find the exact voltage but basically any signal being produced by the switch. If it will go down with both controls then it sounds like the issue is with the up signal at the passenger switch. Test the red w/yellow stripe wire for a signal when you push the up control, try next to the switch, mid line, and right at the motor. This should show you where it cuts out at. If you have signal at the wire next to the motor then it's the connection to the motor that is the issue. Also double check that it's not grounding out anywhere, that will prevent the signal from reaching the motor.

Quick Reply: 95 f150 passenger window won't go up.