Topic Sponsor

94 F150 - Dash and parking lights stay on even with truck off

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2018, 09:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 F150 - Dash and parking lights stay on even with truck off

Hi,

I just bought a 1994 F150 and I'm working through its issues. The main problem (that's draining the battery) is that the parking lights (super dim) and dash (instrument) lights stay on when the truck is off. Basically, they stay on no matter what if the battery is connected--regardless of the key position, if it's in the ignition, etc... I've replaced the headlight switch and connector and that had no effect. I also took out and inspected the ignition switch and cylinder and didn't see any glaring issues.

They do go off if I pull fuse #10 as expected.

Thoughts?

Last edited by nemesis1637; 10-08-2018 at 09:51 AM.
Old 10-08-2018, 10:30 AM

Received 1,731 Likes on 1,487 Posts

You're going to have to put ALL the truck's details into your signature, as this caption describes:

(phone app link)

The more-thorough you are, the more-likely we can help you figure it out. Be sure to list any electrical modifications you can find, no matter how small you think they are. Read this caption, too:

(phone app link)

Those lights are not controlled by the ignition switch - only the headlight switch. This one explains how to check it:

(phone app link)
Old 10-12-2018, 09:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve83
You're going to have to put ALL the truck's details into your signature, as this caption describes:

(phone app link)

The more-thorough you are, the more-likely we can help you figure it out. Be sure to list any electrical modifications you can find, no matter how small you think they are. Read this caption, too:

(phone app link)

Those lights are not controlled by the ignition switch - only the headlight switch. This one explains how to check it:

(phone app link)
Thanks for the input, will get my signature put together.

I'll work through the potential wiring problem areas and test the headlight switch and see what I find.

One update: When I pull fuse #10, the parking lights do go out but the instrument lights do not; they stay illuminated no matter what (I pulled every single fuse and they stay on no matter what unless I disconnect the battery)

Quick Reply: 94 F150 - Dash and parking lights stay on even with truck off