Topic Sponsor

94 F150 4.9 300 Straight 6 won't start

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2016, 10:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 F150 4.9 300 Straight 6 won't start

Truck only has 95,000 miles. Everything was fine then I hop in start it and about 5 blocks down the road it dies. I replace plugs, wires, rotar cap and all that and still won't fire. Finally it's determined that it's the computer. I replaced the computer and then it starts and was running again for a week but ever since the computer replacement it's been running rough sounding like it wants to die but it doesn't. It's been getting me back and forth just fine. Well tonight I decided I'd like to know what the problem is that's making it run kind of bad. So I make a jumper wire and jump the two plugs that are made for an obd1 tester so I can read the check engine light codes. It starts spitting out codes but I wasn't prepared for how fast they were coming so I decided to let it finish and I turned the ignition back to off and then back on so I can try and write down the codes again but this time the check engine light never comes back on. So I disconnected the jumper wire and just decide to try and start it but it doesn't start now. Is it possible that I've just fried my new computer by doing this procedure? And if so, then why?

Quick Reply: 94 F150 4.9 300 Straight 6 won't start