Topic Sponsor

92 power outlet and cigar lighter not working...common ground?

Old 07-01-2016, 09:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 power outlet and cigar lighter not working...common ground?

Fuse is good, but neither outlet gives any juice. I'm also not sure if the dome lights or buzzer work either, I have a mismatched door, haven't checked the bulbs, and the switch could be bad too for all I know. Anyway...back to the outlets..

I was wondering if they shared a ground wire that is separate from the head lamps, dash lighting, etc. The radio, dash lights, headlights, wipers, blinkers, etc. all work as they should, so it seems like some of the stuff coming off the interior fuse panel is good, but not all of it. Just looking for clues, couldn't find a wiring diagram for the interior so far.

Thanks!
Old 07-03-2016, 09:24 AM

Received 708 Likes on 671 Posts

I think the power outlet, lighter, dome light and PSOM (odometer) are all on that circuit.
Old 07-03-2016, 10:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris_1
I think the power outlet, lighter, dome light and PSOM (odometer) are all on that circuit.
Well, the odometer definitely works, so either the circuit partially works, or you're wrong I guess haha...

It would at least make sense that the other three items are on that circuit. Only question is, why doesn't the circuit work if the fuse is good?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 92 power outlet and cigar lighter not working...common ground?