Topic Sponsor

4.9 to 5.0 HO swap wiring project

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2019, 10:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4.9 to 5.0 HO swap wiring project

hi everyone, this is my first post on here. i have a 95 xl that had a tired/knocking 300 with 300k. i decided to put a 302 ho out of 99 explorer in her. i have the WAY1 ecm. the engine harness is from 5.0 maf truck. also recently noticed i needed the harness that goes from ecm to fuse block etc because the 4.9 version didnt contain the extra 2 feul injector pins. so i grabbed that and put it in. having some issues with things like ac unit (by firewall) needs 2 wires and the 5.0 harness has only 1. i need a detailed diagram of all harness' and a pinout diagram of the way1 ecm. cant find what im looking for online and was wondering if anyone on here might have what im looking for

Old 06-06-2019, 09:32 PM

alright! awesome group weve got here, i have seen more replies on mf mudflap questions......thanks for all the help..
Old 06-07-2019, 10:37 AM

Received 489 Likes on 436 Posts

This forum is mostly guys just trying to keep their old trucks running well. Your question is pretty specialized. You'll probably get the diagrams on an explorer forum. There's also this website:

http://www.bbbind.com/tsb-wiring-diagrams-database/
Old 06-07-2019, 06:55 PM

Default You da man

Originally Posted by BLDTruth
This forum is mostly guys just trying to keep their old trucks running well. Your question is pretty specialized. You'll probably get the diagrams on an explorer forum. There's also this website:

http://www.bbbind.com/tsb-wiring-diagrams-database/
thank you bld. I’m so lost at this point anything helps. Trying to get this project done and if I can just get past this wiring issue I can finish everything else. Have a good one

Quick Reply: 4.9 to 5.0 HO swap wiring project