Topic Sponsor

1995 F150 instrument cluster swap for one with a tach

Old 07-21-2012, 05:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 1995 F150 instrument cluster swap for one with a tach

My cluster in my 95 F150 didnt have the tach so got one online from a used dealer an said it was just plug an play but not so. pins on left side of panel dont line uo with the tabs on cluster. The pins in pigtail can be moved to line up in new cluster. But how do you no which color goes where? their are numbers on both sides of Pigtail plugin,anwires are color coated. how do you no what has to be moved where to get the oil pressure to work an water temp to work an right signal to light up? Help!!!
Old 07-22-2012, 04:49 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

it should just be plug and play it was for me. what year cluster did you get. they are not all created equal. post up pictures

this is the thread i did on it. hope it helps
https://www.f150forum.com/f10/gauge-...p-pics-127758/

note some 95's are obdII and some are obdI you also got to account for that. you got to know which one you got and get the same cause they dont mix

Last edited by 4wheeldevil; 07-22-2012 at 04:53 AM.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pics look the same

Originally Posted by 4wheeldevil
it should just be plug and play it was for me. what year cluster did you get. they are not all created equal. post up pictures

this is the thread i did on it. hope it helps
https://www.f150forum.com/f10/gauge-...p-pics-127758/

note some 95's are obdII and some are obdI you also got to account for that. you got to know which one you got and get the same cause they dont mix
My cluster I took out looks like the yellow back one in my truck. an the one I got to replace it looks like the red back one in your pics. so it should work. but dosent. how do you tell if its a obII or obI

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1995 F150 instrument cluster swap for one with a tach