Topic Sponsor

1992 electrical connection issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2019, 04:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1992 electrical connection issue

I recently got my truck stuck and ran over some brush getting it out. Some small limbs came up into engine compartment and I found below wire connection hanging loose. I have looked everywhere around engine and can’t figure out where it connects. Truck seems to run a little rough so I am thinking some type of sensor. The wiring comes up from under front of engine and in between power steering and oil fill receptacles. I am wondering if it connects behind something or under something where I can’t see it. I am a dummy when it comes to mechanics so any help appreciated! Any ideas?

Last edited by JT Smith; 01-05-2019 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Photo
Old 01-06-2019, 12:56 PM

Received 1,731 Likes on 1,487 Posts

We can't help if we don't know what you're talking about. Click this thumbnail (or the text below it), read the caption, follow the links, study your truck, edit your signature, & upload some good photos of the truck, the engine bay, the underbody, and the connector in question:

(phone app link)

ID wires & connectors by the wires' COLORS. If necessary, pull back the factory wiring loom to see the original wire colors inside. Look up each wire's color pattern on this & the NEXT few pages:

(phone app link)

Of course, there are several possible uses for each color, so just keep reading. After a few wires, you should notice some system repeated in each list, which is probably what that connector is for.
Old 02-22-2019, 02:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check wire bundle under 2004-up F150 driver's rocker panel. Dirt fills inside wiring loom. (get beneath truck with safety glasses and look forward to dirt to fall in your eyes &/or ears.) Dirt turns to mud in rain and shorts-out wiring. Pull wiring harness down, pull off tape and loom ...clean and inspect contacts (after I found this design flaw I re-hung my harness so it would be less prone to collecting future garbage) After scraping contact pins with a razor knife use "3M Silicone Paste" inside electrical connectors .

Quick Reply: 1992 electrical connection issue